remembering Dimebag...

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited December 2006 in Other Music
my fellow metal heads..remember to play Pantera loud and proud today for Dimebag.

enjoy all the beer and Kiss up where you are Dime.
RIP
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i'll never forget dimebag. loved the mans work so much. i'll be jamming to cemetary gates later today.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    blasting Floods right now.... having a shot in Dimebag's memory later on tonight, RIP idol
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • RIP Dime, the guy was a God, I recently purchased the new resin statue for guitar hero's

It looks so much like him.

http://www.utopia.com.au/images/toys/5.dimebag.jpg
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i hear you Towerman..i been listening to Floods too..that song along with Hollow just makes me think of Dimebag for the superb guitar work.
    been listening to TGSTK as its me fave Pantera album

yep that resin statue is awesome..love the detail on his tats.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    shoot, it's his birthday?
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Dimebag is beautiful - just a pity I got into Pantera only in the last year or so...
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Jennytree wrote:
    Dimebag is beautiful - just a pity I got into Pantera only in the last year or so...
    beautiful isnt usually a word used to describe a guitar God but wow it does really describe the man..
    never saw a happier guy play such aggressive music too.

YNWA
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    beautiful isnt usually a word used to describe a guitar God but wow it does really describe the man..
    never saw a happier guy play such aggressive music too.

it was all in the power of the red beard :p
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    my fellow metal heads..remember to play Pantera loud and proud today for Dimebag.

enjoy all the beer and Kiss up where you are Dime.
    RIP

They just played "Cemetary Gates" on WEBN for Dime. You know he's up there listening to Kiss and drinking a shot of crown, jamming with Randy Rhoades.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    another great musician we lost on this day. I still can't believe that Dimebag is gone. He was one of those musicians who was a fan and LOVED everyone, including his fans.

RIP Dimebag...we miss you:(
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • that guy's liver must of had the consistency of a wet napkin when he was shot
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    dime is for me and many rock fans the last guitar hero.... his influence over young people today it´s something amazing and his riffs still kickass as always...
    that guy's liver must of had the consistency of a wet napkin when he was shot

this had better had been a compliment, otherwise i'm gonna be pissed
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    fanch75 wrote:
    this had better had been a compliment, otherwise i'm gonna be pissed

but what i said went unchallenged.
    brain of c wrote:
    but what i said went unchallenged.

yeah but you're brain of c, you can say whatever the fuck you want. cheers bro!
    i'm still kicking myself for not going to damageplan's show in toronto shortly before dime's tragic death. i decided to spend my money on others during the christmas season, and planned to catch them the next time they came around to my town. a little over a week later, dimebag was killed and i was left without seeing (another) one of my guitar heroes play live. i had the money to see them, but decided to save it. can't stop cursing myself.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    uninnocent wrote:
    i'm still kicking myself for not going to damageplan's show in toronto shortly before dime's tragic death. i decided to spend my money on others during the christmas season, and planned to catch them the next time they came around to my town. a little over a week later, dimebag was killed and i was left without seeing (another) one of my guitar heroes play live. i had the money to see them, but decided to save it. can't stop cursing myself.
    so am I, and I could of had backstage passes im 95% sure :(
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos wrote:
    so am I, and I could of had backstage passes im 95% sure :(
    never woulda imagined it being the last opportunity to see dimebag play.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    uninnocent wrote:
    never woulda imagined it being the last opportunity to see dimebag play.
    Yeah, I know. I know people are curious about how I could have ended up backstage, and two of my best friends knew Dime pretty well. Although one of my best friends knew Dime and saw the band god knows how many times (even before Phil was their lead singer) they were really close friends. I never got to meet Dime personally, but one of my best friends told me he was one of the nicest people that anyone could ever meet. We were trying to get backstage passes to the freakers ball they played with Velvet revolver here in Dallas. We waited to long to get the passes, and unfortunatley there were no more Damage plan shows afterwords. :( I did however, get to meet (for die hard pantera fans) Terry Glaze (the original lead singer of Pantera about 2 years ago. His band Lord Tracy played a show in downtown Dallas about 2 years ago. Terry sang before the band got signed and was fired before they got signed. As for Phil Anselmo, my friends say he was an asshole.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12