RIP James Brown

AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
edited December 2006 in Other Music
LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
YNWA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just read bout this on a site. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP James!!!!!!!!
  • ow damn :(
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    The end of a legend!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    we saw him in concert....he was one of the many performers at the end of september in 2001 in DC at RFK stadium (michael jackson had a 9/11 benefit concert which was a logistical nightmare but i got to see many artists like JB and rod stewart that i would not normally go to see)

RIP JB.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Not too many undiputed icons still with us now.

Sad.
  • Damn, that came strait out of the left field.

There's been too much death the past few years.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    there's always someone that goes at christmas...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • He was more cool than he was talented, but, come to think of it, he was more Reaganite than he was Soul. So, fuck him. Merry Christmas.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    The end of a legend!
    RIP......The Godfather of Soul.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • 'tis a shame, but lets be honest people, he's one of the most overrated artists of all time.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    what a major bummer. love ya james! you had a major influence on artists i love! prince and the royal crescent mob to name two just off the top of my head.

r.i.p.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Damn... what sad news.

I don't understand why so many people are dissing his talents, he's surely one of the all time greats.... Payback, Papa's Gotta Brand New Bag, Funky President... Timeless.

"People, people, we've got to get over before we go under..."

R.I.P.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • YukikoYukiko Posts: 109
    Ohh!!!!... this is terrible!!!!...
    ...jamas fue pensado llegar a esto...
  • EvvoEvvo Posts: 195
    Heaven's got a brand new bag

RIP James
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    if elvis is king
    who is james brown -
    GOD?

~amiri baraka
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    r.i.p.

now i really really regret seeing him in halifax a few years ago
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    I lost a lot of respect for JB after he started lending his image to various gangstah rappers. If he had any respect for african americans, he would've proclaimed gangstah rap as a poison that contributes to the deterioration of the black future.
  • Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    sponger wrote:
    I lost a lot of respect for JB after he started lending his image to various gangstah rappers. If he had any respect for african americans, he would've proclaimed gangstah rap as a poison that contributes to the deterioration of the black future.

I have even more problems with him beating up his wife. Musically, he is a legend though.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Thanks for the funk James - we'll miss you...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • RIP james brown, king of funk
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    "The big payback!" - love that tune! Good luck James, hope you made it in.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    some might think it inappropriate at this time, but PLEASE tell me you have seen this already...

effin hilarious -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJH8-E-h0A
  • afaridafarid Posts: 177
    my friend saw him live couple of years ago. He said it was one of the best concert of his life. James was pure funk. His music is timeless and influence endless. He will be missed.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Evvo wrote:
    Heaven's got a brand new bag

RIP James

The hardest working man in showbiz...

just became the hardest working man in heaven.
  • spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    Sonja_S wrote:
    I have even more problems with him beating up his wife. Musically, he is a legend though.

In some documentary I saw about him on TV, it was mentioned that he doesn't hesitate to fire people in his band if they mess up just once on stage.
  • sponger wrote:
    In some documentary I saw about him on TV, it was mentioned that he doesn't hesitate to fire people in his band if they mess up just once on stage.

too bad he couldnt be fired for not knowing how to sing. his band made him what he was.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • anybody remember an old house music/techno tune that would say "James Brown is dead"?
  • sponger wrote:

I heard this too. I also heard when he was pumping his hand with fingers extended to the beat….he was actually pointing out a fine of five, five, five, dollars or whatever to the musician who was offbeat…haha. What a performer…

I sort of met him once…It went like this…Welcome to Reno Mr. Brown. Your limo should be here any second…

The funeral looked like a pretty good time considering it was a funeral and all.

RIP Mr. Soul ...