Chris Cornell in Charlotte 11/06/07

MayflyMayfly Posts: 2
edited November 2007 in Other Music
This was an AMAZING show. There was a great turnout and the crowd was really into the music. The band was awesome and the vocals were as well. I would recommend this show to anyone that was a Soundgarden and/or Audioslave fan or if you just want to hear some amazing vocals. The shows closing number was "Whole lotta love". I was shaking my head on my way out the door. It was unbelievable.....
"you know something is happening here but you don't know what it is, do you..."

B. Dylan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is cool. Did he play at Ovens?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Yes - here's the setlist from http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/vibes/2007/11/07/chris-cornell/

Intro
    Let Me Drown
    Outshined
    Show Me How To Live
    No Such Thing
    Be Yourself
    Hunger Strike
    Spoonman
    I Put a Spell on You > Billie Jean (acoustic)
    Preaching the End (acoustic)
    Call Me a Dog (acoustic)
    Out of Exile (acoustic)
    Wide Awake (acoustic)
    Like a Stone (acoustic)
    Doesn’t Remind Me
    Cochise
    Ty Cobb
    Arms Around Your Love
    Black Hole Sun
    What you Are
    Rusty Cage

Encore
    You Know My Name
    Pushing Forward Back
    Seasons
    Slaves & Bulldozers
    Stranglehold > 4th of July >The End > Whole Lotta Love
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    intodeep wrote:
    That is cool. Did he play at Ovens?

yea he played ovens, was an amazing show, his voice was ON, and he and his band seemed really happy to be there!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • I made a few posts about it in the other Cornell thread on this page. What an amazing show. I was completely blown away by the entire band. I bought my tickets at Ovens and got front row center, couldn't have asked for anything better than that. The entire band was having a great time and they sounded amazing live. Cornell sounds amazing as well, nailed every song. The crowd was really into as well which was awesome!
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    The setlist looks phenomenal. Fucking sucks that I can't find any recent CC shows, not on DIME, not on ZOMB...can anyone send some links my way? :D Hey didn't mariecurie have some recent CC shows? Hmm..
  • Duder5k wrote:
    The setlist looks phenomenal. Fucking sucks that I can't find any recent CC shows, not on DIME, not on ZOMB...can anyone send some links my way? :D Hey didn't mariecurie have some recent CC shows? Hmm..

I haven't seen any on there in a few months...I think i've only seen one or two on there in the last year. I haven't seen any on the Traders Den either. Send me a link if you ever find one!
  • Someone was supposed to have recorded the Birmingham, UK show. The same guy who did the Pearl Jam Wembley one in fact but I haven't heard anything more about it. I'd love to hear it.
  • Someone was supposed to have recorded the Birmingham, UK show. The same guy who did the Pearl Jam Wembley one in fact but I haven't heard anything more about it. I'd love to hear it.

I was at the Birmingham show and the London Roundhouse show the previous night and I heard at least B'ham had been recorded by that guy, yeah. Haven't heard anything further though since then. Birmingham was good, but London was phenomenal - I hope that was recorded and comes to light some day. Best show of anybody's I'd seen since Led Zep in '75, and that is no hyperbole. There may have been even better ones since of course - those were just the last ones I saw, and he just seems to be getting better and better, pretty much, on this tour. Those who miss it will kick themselves all over the place in years to come.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I was at the Birmingham show and the London Roundhouse show the previous night and I heard at least B'ham had been recorded by that guy, yeah. Haven't heard anything further though since then. Birmingham was good, but London was phenomenal - I hope that was recorded and comes to light some day. Best show of anybody's I'd seen since Led Zep in '75, and that is no hyperbole.

HOLY SH*T WHAT A SHOW!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford