so let´s listen to mother love bone
and Rip
the only lovechild Andrew !!!

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/olympus/images/andybw2.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    oh what could have been...
    40? wow..time sure does fly past real fast..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    uhh yeah Mother Love Bone weren't that great, kinda sounded like Axl. Kind of lame actually, don;t klike the cd. Sum of thier parts really, a footnote for anyone else, deal with it. he's teh Pete Best of Pearl Jam
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    oh what could have been...
    40? wow..time sure does fly past real fast..

that´s true;)
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    that´s true;)
    yeh..such a shame..but then again if he din pass away would Pearl Jam have existed?
    either way i miss Andy and i hope he's having fun up in heaven
    RIP
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh..such a shame..but then again if he din pass away would Pearl Jam have existed?
    either way i miss Andy and i hope he's having fun up in heaven
    RIP

i don´t ask me that question anymore
    it is written like this ...
    i belive he´s fine and singing along with hendrix;)
  • i don´t ask me that question anymore
    it is written like this ...
    i belive he´s fine and singing along with hendrix;)

...and with freddie mercury, too.
    i hurt myself today,
    to see if i still feel,
    i focus all the pain,
    the only thing that´s real...
    ...and with freddie mercury, too.
    yes for sure;):):)
    great concerts:):)
  • psycosmicpsycosmic Posts: 504
    happy birthday, andrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

when was it?
    today, jan 14, is the birthday of dave grohl and, err, MINE as well! :D
    so happy birthday, dave!
    happy birthday, me!
    ;)
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    uhh yeah Mother Love Bone weren't that great, kinda sounded like Axl. Kind of lame actually, don;t klike the cd. Sum of thier parts really, a footnote for anyone else, deal with it. he's teh Pete Best of Pearl Jam

Without MLB there would be NO Pearl Jam. Just respect the guy, that is all.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Without MLB there would be NO Pearl Jam. Just respect the guy, that is all.

I understand that but that doesn't mean we have to praise him like he was as good as Pj becasue MLB wasn't. They really weren't great at all. the fact that something as good as Pearl Jam came out of it is almost a surprise.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • BUENABUENA Posts: 165
    mrwalkerb wrote:

That's how time played out the band. Andrew was a great musician and Apple is a testament to that. 1990 never sounded better than that. I guess if Andy didn't fall off the wagon and went back to drugs on that night some 15 or 16 years ago, he might still of been alive. We would have no Pearl Jam and the rock world might have been a different place. Too say he's the Pete Best of Pearl Jam is kind of dumb as Andy wasn't alive when Pearl Jam formed. Probably those songs on Stone's cassette would have surfaced as Mother Love Bone songs in one form or another. Kind of a weird thought huh...
    "It's the American Dream I am disbelieving... When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank... I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride..." - Gone (vedder)
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    Mother Love Bone were fucking terrific.

Green River is a footnote,.. MLB was exceptional.

i think it can be put like this,...

A beautiful flower can wilt and die,.. and everyone around it will be horribly disapointed and saddened from its absence,... but that flower's death enriched the soil,... and gave birth to an even brighter blossom in less than a year's time.

i think its a tragedy, but Stone and Jeff (and the whole community) came out as better people for having experienced it.

You think anyone from Soundgarden or Pearl Jam (or Mudhoney for that matter) lore will ever let drugs take them over after Andy?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Some of his lyrics seemed kind of silly to me, but there were some really lovely songs he wrote. Bone China, Stargazer, Gentle Groove, Crown of Thorns, and especially Man of Golden Words are each beautiful. Listening to these songs I realize how truly talented he was.
    "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" - The Young Ones
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    I understand that but that doesn't mean we have to praise him like he was as good as Pj becasue MLB wasn't. They really weren't great at all. the fact that something as good as Pearl Jam came out of it is almost a surprise.

it´s seems you haven´t got the stuff he was amazing loved person...and mlb where great and big(in seattle)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    have you ever even heard chloe dancer/crown of thorns and if so do you have a heart of stone? not to mention man of golden words, bone china,
    gentle groove etc
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    mrwalkerb wrote:

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but I urge you to read the lyrics. It took me a while to really like them (how the best music is, right?!) They may have sounded a bit too funky or whatever. But the lyrics are something else. Particularly on bone china, gentle groove, come bite the apple, man of golden words, stargazer, heartshine and crown of thorns.
    I think the reason people like him is not necessarily because of the music but of who he was. Anyone who has seen the documentary will know that he was an incredible light and should be remembered with smiles.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • of course some of his lyrics were kind of silly,.. that's just who the band was.

They were funky :cool:

And, although silly, those lyrics are still geniunly well written.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    of course some of his lyrics were kind of silly,.. that's just who the band was.

They were funky :cool:

And, although silly, those lyrics are still geniunly well written.

yeap but that´s wey i love them;)