is that true

ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
edited April 2008 in Other Music
chris cornell canceled the whole european tour ?
and if yes ..why ???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Yes. Studio time.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    fowls wrote:
    Yes. Studio time.
    ...sad but i don t understand it bec. he is living in europe
    nevermind ..i am really exited to hear the new stuff:D
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    He canceled a tour just so he can go into studio?
    God I beginning to really hate his guts now!

I bet you he got that Timberland rap producer bossin' his ass around too.

Message to Chris: your solo stuff will flop like it always has!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    nobody knows what the real reason is maybe ...well and is solo stuff was also cool
    i saw him solo once and it was really great..
    and i belive his new album will kick ass!!!!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    From his website...

Los Angeles, CA – Pioneering rock singer/songwriter Chris Cornell has postponed his upcoming European Tour, originally slated to begin in Holland on May 31st, until the Fall. The acclaimed, multi-platinum former lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave is holed up in the studio with super producer Timbaland, continuing work on his third solo CD, tentatively slated for a September 2008 release on Interscope Records.

Having already laid down 14 tracks for the forthcoming disc, Timbaland has called his collaboration with Cornell “his best work ever.”

“Due to an extended recording schedule, I will be able to perform in front of my European fans a few months later than expected. With that said, I plan on touring extensively through Europe and the rest of the world through 2008-2009,” said Cornell.

**What an asshole...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Why book a tour during booked studio time? Or why book studio time when you have a tour? Either way, he's an arse for messing fans around. Especially since, from what I've heard, his live show has been pretty good and his last album was dire. Priorities Chris... priorities.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • we'll have an album AND a show within the next 6 months. isn't that worth the wait?

i don't see the problem. Chris is not the first person to extend their time in the studio and cancel dates so he can get his music to his fans sooner.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
    we'll have an album AND a show within the next 6 months. isn't that worth the wait?

i don't see the problem. Chris is not the first person to extend their time in the studio and cancel dates so he can get his music to his fans sooner.
    What smart artist would do that nowadays? Considering how bad the recording industry is. Chris is better off touring!!!

I do wish him success in both his record and tour though because he's gonna need it to pay off those big time hiphop producers who charges 50,000 per tracks. ;)
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    because hs is a has been?
  • cause he fucking sucks

he has a pimpled ego that needs to be squeezed....
    the Minions
  • yeah. Ego.

which is why he left Audioslave and playing amphitheaters to play The House of Blues and similar sized smaller venues.

Ego...why instead of sticking with the headliner band, he went solo where he opens for bands like Linkin Park

His behavior is that of a guy who just wants to play music and make music on his own terms.

he should be applauded.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    yeah. Ego.

which is why he left Audioslave and playing amphitheaters to play The House of Blues and similar sized smaller venues.

Ego...why instead of sticking with the headliner band, he went solo where he opens for bands like Linkin Park

His behavior is that of a guy who just wants to play music and make music on his own terms.

he should be applauded.

I agree..I hope this new album is as good as his first solo which was great..
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    and if yes ..why ???

because Kim Thayil isn't there on guitar so therefore, no one gives a shit.
  • Haha! I think it's funny he's pulled out of Download festival... he was the only good thing on the bill and that was tenuous! :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Haha! I think it's funny he's pulled out of Download festival... he was the only good thing on the bill and that was tenuous! :D
    Hmmm...looks like a pretty good lineup to me
    http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

BUT MY question is... HOw the fuck did KISS get top billing over Motorhead?
    The Offspring over Incubus??? Lostprophets over Jimmy Eat World???
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Hmmm...looks like a pretty good lineup to me
    http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/index.aspx

BUT MY question is... HOw the fuck did KISS get top billing over Motorhead?
    The Offspring over Incubus??? Lostprophets over Jimmy Eat World???

:eek: are you serious?! The only bands worth seeing are KISS - for entertainment value and cuz i've never seen them and the Cavalera Conspiracy - Sepultura under a new name. Although i've seen Soulfly 11 times, i've never seen the brothers together.
    Everything else is shite...

Motorhead - seen them, besides, every song sounds the same
    Judas Priest - I can see the appeal but i've always hated them
    Disturbed?! - oh how very 2001.
    HIM?! - c'mon, not even the kids like them anymore....
    Jonathon Davis?! - Not even got the brains of the Korn outfit with him...
    Fightstar - yes, the twat from Busted.
    Apocalyptica - whats wrong? couldn't get the real Metallica? oh yeah thats right! They're playing Reading...
    Kid Rock?! - WHAT. THE. FUCK?!
    Lostprophets - HEADLINING?! oh ffs....

I could go on.... Download festival is a farce now, I remember going to Ozzfest before the 'Download' monster was born and even then they had the odd pile of shite like Cradle of Filth but the line-ups were still better than this and last year's bullshit... and don't even get me started on the price of the tickets or the facilities! :rolleyes:
    I've been to every Download except 2007 and I can tell you, someone spectacular needs to announce before I'll even consider it... when I have nothing better to do with my mind other than contemplate my navel...

Rant over :D

Have fun though! ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• KannKann Posts: 1,146
    pjl44 wrote:
    From his website...
    Pioneering rock singer/songwriter Chris Cornell [...]
    The acclaimed, multi-platinum former lead singer of Soundgarden and Audioslave [...]
    Timbaland has called his collaboration with Cornell “his best work ever.”
    If that really is from his website, he must be his first fan.
    :eek: are you serious?! The only bands worth seeing are KISS - for entertainment value and cuz i've never seen them and the Cavalera Conspiracy - Sepultura under a new name. Although i've seen Soulfly 11 times, i've never seen the brothers together.
    Everything else is shite...

Motorhead - seen them, besides, every song sounds the same
    Judas Priest - I can see the appeal but i've always hated them
    Disturbed?! - oh how very 2001.
    HIM?! - c'mon, not even the kids like them anymore....
    Jonathon Davis?! - Not even got the brains of the Korn outfit with him...
    Fightstar - yes, the twat from Busted.
    Apocalyptica - whats wrong? couldn't get the real Metallica? oh yeah thats right! They're playing Reading...
    Kid Rock?! - WHAT. THE. FUCK?!
    Lostprophets - HEADLINING?! oh ffs....

I could go on.... Download festival is a farce now, I remember going to Ozzfest before the 'Download' monster was born and even then they had the odd pile of shite like Cradle of Filth but the line-ups were still better than this and last year's bullshit... and don't even get me started on the price of the tickets or the facilities! :rolleyes:
    I've been to every Download except 2007 and I can tell you, someone spectacular needs to announce before I'll even consider it... when I have nothing better to do with my mind other than contemplate my navel...

Rant over :D

Have fun though! ;)
    Serious how the fuck did the lostprophets get top billing???? I don't think I've ever heard any songs from them. Are they a big Euro band?

Be sure to not say that about Kid Rock when SENROCK's around ;)
    MLC2006 wrote:
    because Kim Thayil isn't there on guitar so therefore, no one gives a shit.

well i just ask why .bec. i want to see hin live:p
  • LongRd. wrote:
    Serious how the fuck did the lostprophets get top billing???? I don't think I've ever heard any songs from them. Are they a big Euro band?

Be sure to not say that about Kid Rock when SENROCK's around ;)

hmm I dunno if they're a big Euro band or not... I know of a few people who like them but they're all sons/daughters of people I work with and therefore considerably younger than me! lol I know they're unpopular within the metal scene, they're a bit of a joke to be honest and fuck knows how they got headlining at Download... it's Donnington - The home of metal ffs!!!

oh shit yeah... forgot SENROCK's a scary Kid Rock fan... oopsie! ;)

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    LongRd. wrote:

Yeah they are pretty huge over here. Contrary to what a lot of people will say, they are a very entertaining live band, with a fairly big catalog of hits. In all honesty they put on a far better show than Smashing Pumpkins at Reading last year, and I'm a far bigger Pumpkins fan than I am Prophets.