Chris Cornell Show in Orlando last night

NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Truly amazing... sounds better than ever.
Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NewmanUSPS wrote:

I don't doubt it! Any surprises in the set list?
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    great show last night. about 2-2.5 hrs. chris's voice sounded impeccable. the band was very tight. the, albeit sparse crowd, was as loud as possible and everyone (including the band) was enjoying themselves.

stand-outs: Rusty Cage, Day I Tried to Live, JC Pose, and Pushin' Forward Back. Surprises were Sunshower, Day I Tried to Live, and Pretty Noose.

In NPO (from the best of my recollection):

Soundgarden tunes
    Let Me Drown
    Outshined
    Rusty Cage
    Day I Tried to Live
    Burden in My Hand
    Pretty Noose
    Black Hole Sun
    Spoonman
    Slaves and Bulldozers/4th of July/The End (one or two lines)/Whole Lotta Love

Audioslave songs:
    Show Me How to Live
    Cochise
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Like a Stone
    Original Fire (?)

Temple of the Dog numbers:
    All Night Thing
    Hungerstrike
    Pushin' Forward Back

Solo Tunes and covers:
    Sunshower
    Can't Change Me
    Wave Goodbye
    No Such Thing
    Arms Around Your Love
    You Know My Name
    Put a Spell On Me (tiny bit)/Billie Jean

There were also a handful I didn't pick up on, most of which were either songs from Carry On and one cover I couldn't make out when he was playing acoustic by himself (which was like 6 songs midway thru the set).

All in all, a great show. Lots of banter from Chris and a fun time overall. Didn't feel cliched or just going through the motions. Everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves.
    Live Free or Die!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    This looks like an incredible set. Seems like he just gets better as he goes. Wow, I'd love to see him again.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Sparse crowd? Really?

I can't wait to hear a bootleg of Pushin' Forward Back - wicked song!
  • The crowd was pretty empty for the Birmingham show I was at. But Pushin' Forward Back, The Day I Tried To Live AND Pretty Noose?!?!? SWEET setlist!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    The crowd was pretty empty for the Birmingham show I was at. But Pushin' Forward Back, The Day I Tried To Live AND Pretty Noose?!?!? SWEET setlist!

Amazing... I almost feel like I should go to Allentown to see him for a third time.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    pushin' forward back!!!
  • I'm going to the Clifton Park (outside Albany) show this Saturday night. I'm pumped! :cool: Anyone else going to this?
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    fuck! awesome!
  • Similar set in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday. Closed with Whole Lotta Love, which was an awesome surprise.
    The band was really good (lead guitar could have been louder), and Chris' voice was great. On a couple of his "screams" we just looked at each other with big eyes and said, "Fuuuuuuck!"
    Chris looked like he had just gotten up from a nap when he hit the stage, but was right on.
    The place was packed and the crowd was way into it. Some guys, looked to be mid-thirties, did a little moshing toward the back of the crowd. Didn't last long, after some guy went down, I think they realized they were well beyond those days.

KOL & BRMC were at the same place Friday night. Also a kick ass show.

My ears are still ringing!!!!
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    edgarcamp wrote:
    Similar set in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday. Closed with Whole Lotta Love, which was an awesome surprise.
    The band was really good (lead guitar could have been louder), and Chris' voice was great. On a couple of his "screams" we just looked at each other with big eyes and said, "Fuuuuuuck!"
    Chris looked like he had just gotten up from a nap when he hit the stage, but was right on.
    The place was packed and the crowd was way into it. Some guys, looked to be mid-thirties, did a little moshing toward the back of the crowd. Didn't last long, after some guy went down, I think they realized they were well beyond those days.

KOL & BRMC...I've seen that twice and that is an excellent double bill. I've KOL 5 times this year and I simply I liked BRMC before seeing them live. Now I love them.

And I surely can relate to your reaction to those Cornell screams...I've seen him 3 times this year,his voice is just ridiculous and sometimes it amazes me that he can still speak, let alone sing like that after all these years.

Come to think of it, I could use another Cornell show.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    im getting more and more sad i missed all of his shows. i had NO IDEA his band played that many soundgarden tunes, and his voice sounds GREAT, i was so surprised watching youtube vids. his backup band aint bad, the BG vocals are great in spoonman. chris cornell is a legend
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • I downloaded that unplugged in Sweden from "In The Present Tense" and man was that a powerful show. Is his tour wrapping up or what?
    His website only has US tour dates up until the end of November. Here's what PollStar has and they're usually dead on:

Chris Cornell dates

FaceSpace
  • dharma69 wrote:
    His website only has US tour dates up until the end of November. Here's what PollStar has and they're usually dead on:

Chris Cornell dates

My site's usually up-to-date. ;)

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm

He's in South America in December and then the next announced dates are South Africa in March - maybe he'll take a break after Christmas to record, who knows. He's also told various places he'll be back next year so I think the tour will go on through 2008 - it started in April and was originally supposed to be 16 months. Since then he's been saying it'll go on for 18 months or even 2 years.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • 3sheets wrote:
    great show last night. about 2-2.5 hrs. chris's voice sounded impeccable. the band was very tight. the, albeit sparse crowd, was as loud as possible and everyone (including the band) was enjoying themselves.

stand-outs: Rusty Cage, Day I Tried to Live, JC Pose, and Pushin' Forward Back. Surprises were Sunshower, Day I Tried to Live, and Pretty Noose.

In NPO (from the best of my recollection):

Soundgarden tunes
    Let Me Drown
    Outshined
    Rusty Cage
    Day I Tried to Live
    Burden in My Hand
    Pretty Noose
    Black Hole Sun
    Spoonman
    Slaves and Bulldozers/4th of July/The End (one or two lines)/Whole Lotta Love

Audioslave songs:
    Show Me How to Live
    Cochise
    Doesn't Remind Me
    Like a Stone
    Original Fire (?)

Temple of the Dog numbers:
    All Night Thing
    Hungerstrike
    Pushin' Forward Back

Solo Tunes and covers:
    Sunshower
    Can't Change Me
    Wave Goodbye
    No Such Thing
    Arms Around Your Love
    You Know My Name
    Put a Spell On Me (tiny bit)/Billie Jean

There were also a handful I didn't pick up on, most of which were either songs from Carry On and one cover I couldn't make out when he was playing acoustic by himself (which was like 6 songs midway thru the set).

All in all, a great show. Lots of banter from Chris and a fun time overall. Didn't feel cliched or just going through the motions. Everyone really seemed to be enjoying themselves.

He also did Billie Jean acoustic in Orlando
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    Wow that sounds like an incredible setlist. Was it just a 4th Of July tag or the whole song, btw?

I gotta get this one...*keeps an eye out on Dime and ZOMB*. If anyone finds it, do me a favor and send a link my way, thanks. ;)
    My site's usually up-to-date. ;)

http://www.chriscornell.org.uk/tour.htm

He's in South America in December and then the next announced dates are South Africa in March - maybe he'll take a break after Christmas to record, who knows. He's also told various places he'll be back next year so I think the tour will go on through 2008 - it started in April and was originally supposed to be 16 months. Since then he's been saying it'll go on for 18 months or even 2 years.
    Always, my dear. Always:).

I hope one place on his "various places" list is Southern California. Going through CC withdrawals over here!

FaceSpace
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    Yeah, it was just a little bit of 4th of July (music and vox) tagged onto S&B. Still nice to hear though.

And not to be nit-picky, but I did mention he covered Billie Jean. I know i missed one or two songs, but they were either new ones off Carry On and/or one cover I didn't recognize.

Fantastic show. His vox were unexpectedly stellar and he seems to have control over his pitch and range again. Chris was actually quite talkative as well, making some funny statements throughout the night. And the pick fight between roadies and the entire band was kinda fun as well. I think it lasted from about mid-set (after Chris's acoustic segment) to the very end. Good time, good times.
    Live Free or Die!
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    3sheets wrote:
    Yeah, it was just a little bit of 4th of July (music and vox) tagged onto S&B. Still nice to hear though.

And not to be nit-picky, but I did mention he covered Billie Jean. I know i missed one or two songs, but they were either new ones off Carry On and/or one cover I didn't recognize.

Fantastic show. His vox were unexpectedly stellar and he seems to have control over his pitch and range again. Chris was actually quite talkative as well, making some funny statements throughout the night. And the pick fight between roadies and the entire band was kinda fun as well. I think it lasted from about mid-set (after Chris's acoustic segment) to the very end. Good time, good times.

They played around when they were in Reading...its funny, 'cause he continues to sing and smile the whole time they're whizzing those pics around at each other...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • Getting ready to go see him tonight...can't wait!
  • Holy shit. Amazing. Go see them, NOW.

Theres no way I can get all the songs in the right order or whatever, but i'll try to list all the ones they played-

Soundgarden songs-
    Rusty Cage
    Outshined
    Slaves and Bulldozers
    Let Me Drown
    Fell on Black Days (acoustic Cornell solo)
    Black Hole Sun
    The Day I Tried to Live
    4th of July (slowed down version)
    Ty Cobb

Audioslave songs-
    Cochise
    Show Me How to Live
    What You Are
    Like a Stone (acoustic Cornell solo)
    Be Yourself
    Doesn't Remind Me (half solo, half with band)
    Dandelion (acoustic Cornell solo)
    Wide Awake (acoustic Cornell solo)

Temple of the Dog songs-
    Hunger Strike
    Pushin Forward Back
    Call Me a Dog (acoustic Cornell solo)

Chris Cornell songs-
    Preaching The End of the World (acoustic Cornell solo)
    No Such Thing
    Arms Around Your Love
    You Know My Name
    Seasons

Other-
    Billie Jean (acoustic Cornell solo)
    Whole Lotta Love (parts of it)

I think that was all of them.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    JamnPearl wrote:
    4th of July (slowed down version)

:eek:
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Are there any boots of these shows floating around?
  • edgarcamp wrote:
    Similar set in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday. Closed with Whole Lotta Love, which was an awesome surprise.

I was at this show. This was the first time I've seen Cornell Live. I was very impressed. Very Long show, great songt selection, and his voice was amazing. Definitely exceed my expectations. Are there any sites that post Cornell shows...?
    www.myspace.com/sharkie002
  • PJGARDEN wrote:

There's one of the House of Blues in Dallas on 30th Oct (mp3s), courtesy of a chap called Warren: there are probably more on torrents. Dallas was a great show by all accounts.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5x4cyu or

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LVJ1RCQZ
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    those setslist look AMAZING! I wonder if PJ would play longer shows if they had more comfortable jeans to play in?
    pjtaper wrote:
    those setslist look AMAZING! I wonder if PJ would play longer shows if they had more comfortable jeans to play in?
    Okay, that made me laugh.

FaceSpace
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    NewmanUSPS wrote:
    I really wanted to go see this show, but I spent all of my money on the KOL show on Halloween. Oh well.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    PJGARDEN wrote:
    Yeah, we do need some boots of these shows, they sound fucking incredible!