Jason Wade/Lifehouse

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited July 2008 in Other Music
I love his voice.....so soothing. I admit it :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Count me in as guilty here as well. While they are pop rock, they're pretty damn good at it. Jason is a hell of a talented guy, and I admire how the band never puts out the same album twice and evolved their sound.
  • Wade is another vedder clone. Though their first album was good, their new stuff is crap IMO.
    Wade is another vedder clone. Though their first album was good, their new stuff is crap IMO.

How the hell is he a Vedder clone? Because some magazine told you so? He sounds 100% nothing like Ed. Not everyone that has a deep singing voice is a Ed clone.
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Wade is another vedder clone. Though their first album was good, their new stuff is crap IMO.
    Lmao.. typical pj fanboy.. I don't like Lifehouses music but there is nothing that their singer does to copy vedder
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696

Yeah I like songs off their first album. I actually saw them on a side stage before a PJ show in 2000. I enjoyed watching them and met Wade after. He gave me a single of "Hanging by a Moment" and signed it. I remember someone asked them if Pearl Jam was cool, and they said they hadn't met them. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of theirs, but I like seeing them have success. They are a poppy band, but they write their own songs and do their own thing.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    first album was great.

second album tried some new directions, which the industry didnt like, but several songs grew on me (anchor, just another name, and am I ever gonna find out? are on my ipod).

from the third album on, they have just been trying to re-create the success of HBAM, which is depressing.

he is talented, but needs to branch out and explore music more, rather than re-making the same song over and over again.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
    lowlight10 wrote:
    first album was great.

second album tried some new directions, which the industry didnt like, but several songs grew on me (anchor, just another name, and am I ever gonna find out? are on my ipod).

from the third album on, they have just been trying to re-create the success of HBAM, which is depressing.

he is talented, but needs to branch out and explore music more, rather than re-making the same song over and over again.

The third album has maybe two really solid songs on it. I think after the commercial failure of Stanley Climbfall (my favorite of their CD's), they needed to produce a big hit. The new album is quite good, but also has a couple of songs that should have never made the album.
  • Jellyrolls wrote:
    Lmao.. typical pj fanboy.. I don't like Lifehouses music but there is nothing that their singer does to copy vedder

I'm anything but a PJ fanboy.

On the first album he sings just like Vedder, he doesn't sound exactly like him because his voice is very differant (unlike Scott Stapp) but the technique he use is the same-Keeping his voice in low register as long as possible. His influence is clear esepcially since he has never been shy about it. Don't get me wrong I liked them in some respects at the start, but I couldn't give two shits about them now.
    So...what you're really saying is that Eddie is a Morrison clone?
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    It's weird, people say its good POP rock, but I disagree......I find Lifehouse songs bland and instantly forgetable.....the opposite of 'pop' if you will.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • So...what you're really saying is that Eddie is a Morrison clone?

Maybe :) I get your point.

But I don't really think Wade picked up the distinctive elements, Eddie dd in other areas to differentiate himself from his influences. I just get sick of being easily able to see some guys influence a mile away, especially given its not the first time its been adopted. It was the same for PJ until I got deeper into their work.