John Mayer - anyone see him at MSG last night?

edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
edited March 2007 in Other Music
Just curious. I wanted to get tix but forgot when they went on sale so I missed it. How was he?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Just curious. I wanted to get tix but forgot when they went on sale so I missed it. How was he?

Amazing. His guitar playing and tone was awesome. They closed the set with "I'm Gonna Find Another You" and all three guitarists took turns ripping it up and soloing. He went to the center of the arena to do "Stop This Train" and "Your Body is a Wonderland" solo for an encore, before returning to the stage to wrap it up with "Vultures" and "Gravity" which kicked some serious ass, and featured Alicia Keys making a guest appearance.

You missed a great show!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    moster78 wrote:
    Amazing. His guitar playing and tone was awesome. They closed the set with "I'm Gonna Find Another You" and all three guitarists took turns ripping it up and soloing. He went to the center of the arena to do "Stop This Train" and "Your Body is a Wonderland" solo for an encore, before returning to the stage to wrap it up with "Vultures" and "Gravity" which kicked some serious ass, and featured Alicia Keys making a guest appearance.

You missed a great show!

sounds like it! glad you enjoyed. next time....
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Pretty awesome show, loved the Alicia Keys appearance at the end of "Gravity".
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96