Options

Van Halen - Philly Oct 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Poncier wrote:
    Wow.

I went into last night with fairly high expectations, and VH exceeded them.

The show was fantastic.

Can't wait to see them again on 10/30.

Had seats right next to the stage on EVH's side. (section 14 at Mohegan Sun Arena) He looked like he was having a blast. And seeing him interact with his son makes me think that Wolfgang is the reason Ed cleaned his act up and got back where he belongs. If Michael Anthony needed to be the sacrificial lamb so this could happen, I'm OK with it after witnessing it last night.

I never looked at the Wolfgang thing like that. Can you imagine the pointers he has gotten while trying to learn to play.

And........ I guess little Wolfy prolly aint a virgin anymore.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    Wow wow wow wow.

I went to the Toronto show last night. Unfuckingreal. I cannot believe how good it was. DLR sounded so good. Those rehearsal videos that were posted on Youtube sound nothing like what they sound like. If they're comming through your city go. Van Halen is back, and they fucking rock!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I never looked at the Wolfgang thing like that. Can you imagine the pointers he has gotten while trying to learn to play.

And........ I guess little Wolfy prolly aint a virgin anymore.
    Something tells me that Val Bert is probably along for the ride and keeping Wolfie far away from DLR once the show ends each night. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    They did not disappoint!!!

We were having too much fun with old friends at dinner and missed the first song. Oh well!

One of the best concerts I have been too. Ever. Everybody on their feet. Everybody singing. Everybody dancing. Everybody jumping. NOBODY BEING ASKED TO SIT DOWN!

Yeah Eddie we know you are good at the guitar. Do you really need a personal solo to emphasize it? We also know your brother is a so so drummer. Does Alex need a drum solo? You could have squeezed a few more classics into the rotation. Wolfgang seemed to be okay. A little fast in a few songs and seemed right out to lunch in another one. But for the most part it is bass in Van Halen and what am I to expect. It was good to see Roth leading the parade. He truly knows what the meal ticket is and seems to not mind letting Ed do his thing.

Every single song had almost every single noise from the album done by Eddie. A huge Fuckin' Eh for that. I commented that I wouldn't mind coughing the bucks up to go and see the show again. It was that good.

I thought it was cute when Wolfie got to do the "come on Dave, give me a break" part and Roth commented, "this is your time to shine, son". :) They all seemed to be having a good time. I don't think Roth can't smile while on stage. The story about weed before Ice Cream Man was funny. I don't think Roth made the motorcycle noises, nor played the acoustic during Ice Cream Man. But that is just me.

If you even thought about liking Van Halen when you were young. Don't miss this show.

4.5/5 or 9/10. Aside from very loud mix of guitar in some tunes that drowned Roth out. It was great! A blast from the past baby. Samalla billa biddy de bop!
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    saw the police this year, BORING!

based on reviews, I skipped Genesis.

van halen is kicking ass

wow