new BRUCE & E STREET album ("Magic") coming out October 2nd!!!

gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Bruce Springsteen's 'Magic' Set for October 2 Release on Columbia Records

'Magic,' Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2, 2007. Produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien, the album features eleven new Springsteen songs and was recorded at Southern Tracks Recording Studio in Atlanta, GA.

'Magic' Song Titles:

1. Radio Nowhere

2. You'll Be Comin' Down

3. Livin' in the Future

4. Your Own Worst Enemy

5. Gypsy Biker

6. Girls in Their Summer Clothes

7. I'll Work for Your Love

8. Magic

9. Last to Die

10. Long Walk Home

11. Devil's Arcade

'Magic' is the first new studio album by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band since 2002's GRAMMY Award-winning, multi-platinum, number one album 'The Rising' (Columbia Records), which was also produced by O'Brien.

Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau said, "'Magic' is a high energy rock CD. It’s light on its feet, incredibly well played by Bruce and the members of the E Street Band, and, as always, has plenty to say. It’s also immensely entertaining. 'Magic' is the third collaboration between Bruce and Brendan O'Brien and is a culmination of their very productive creative relationship."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    i'll now post my own 'smart-S*&' reply for not using the search tool prior to posting the above entry. just got so excited about a new bruce album. sue me.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Thanks for posting this

So ummm it's a "high energy rock cd"...that's encouraging news...cause Seegar and Devils blew chucks(sorry booce)

One day, when there is no more estreet(last tour peoples!!), I would like to see booce do a tour with a 3 peice band

him on geetar and vocals
    bass player
    drummer

That would be something :)

I have such great hopes for the last cd and tour with the estreet...certainly The Rising was his best work since Darkness/River...IMHO
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    augustwest wrote:
    One day, when there is no more estreet(last tour peoples!!), I would like to see booce do a tour with a 3 peice band

him on geetar and vocals
    bass player
    drummer

That would be something :)

he actually came close to that on the 'human touch/lucky town' tour. i caught it in atlanta, and it was a great, great show. if only those two albums were a bit stronger, though. however, "better days" is still one of my fave broooooce tunes.
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    I can`t even begin to say how excited I am! Been constantly refreshing the shorefire.com and backstreets.com page for weeks!
    And if the record is half as great as Landau describes it, then it`s going to be "magic!:D
    Can`t wait for tour dates!
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
  • cool..... i can't wait for this album or the tour this fall.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Exciting news! Its hard to believe its been 5 years since The Rising no?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    frogwater wrote:
    he actually came close to that on the 'human touch/lucky town' tour. i caught it in atlanta, and it was a great, great show. if only those two albums were a bit stronger, though. however, "better days" is still one of my fave broooooce tunes.

Hmmmm I seemed to have missed that tour...and I have a good feeling why ;)

I did see the Devils tour(solo) but it is NOTHING compared to those ESB reunion tours and the Rising tour...nothing even close...Devils was a yawn fest.

Give me Broooce totally rawking out, or don't bother!