Anyone going to Wolfmother in Memphis?

reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
edited September 2006 in Other Music
My wife and I got tickets to see Wolfmother at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis tomorrow night. Should be a good show in a good venue.
"Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    reblfan wrote:
    Should be a good show in a good venue.

even more so if 'the mess hall' are supporting wolfmother.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I just read that the mess hall will be there too. So who is 'the mess hall'? Is it another band that plays with Wolfmother or what?
    'the mess hall' are a two piece from sydney australia.
    as i don't like to categorise music let's just say that they rock like a motherfucker. they are one of my favourite bands to see live. in fact there's only one band i like to see live more(and no, it isn't pearl jam). i saw them a couple of weeks ago two nights in a row playing the rather intimate surrounds of the annandale hotel. good nights. :)
    i just want you to listen to them, then form your own opinion. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dont dig wolfmother that much, but i will second cate's suggestion of checking out the mess hall, they are a great live band, and they do a pretty rad cover of negative creep at some shows...

do you listen to the fumes aswell cate ?
    dont dig wolfmother that much, but i will second cate's suggestion of checking out the mess hall, they are a great live band, and they do a pretty rad cover of negative creep at some shows...

do you listen to the fumes aswell cate ?

not to mention when they do 'breed'. :D

oh my the fumes are a new thing for me. read in drum media a while back that they'd give TMH a run for their money, so naturally i had to take that pepsi challenge. saw them support dallas crane at the gaelic club recently and man oh man they just knocked it out of the park.
    actually in my opinion they were better than dallas were that night. and believe me that is a big big call for me to make.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • reblfan wrote:
    My wife and I got tickets to see Wolfmother at the New Daisy Theatre in Memphis tomorrow night. Should be a good show in a good venue.
    I'm seeing Wolfmother at The Moore in Seattle on December 3rd. Can't wait for this kickass show!
  • Well, I got back in from the show late last night. You were right, The Mess Hall kicked ass. I don't think many people there had ever heard of them, but it didn't take long before everyone was rocking out.

Wolfmother also put on a really good show. I didn't realize how much they jam out live. I forget which song it was, but they went into a 5 minute instrumental jam after it. Also, TMH came out and jammed with them for the last song of the night. It may have just been an improv jam because there weren't any lyrics and I didn't recognize it.

Damn, I used the word 'jam' a lot in this post.....
    reblfan wrote:
    Well, I got back in from the show late last night. You were right, The Mess Hall kicked ass. I don't think many people there had ever heard of them, but it didn't take long before everyone was rocking out.

Wolfmother also put on a really good show. I didn't realize how much they jam out live. I forget which song it was, but they went into a 5 minute instrumental jam after it. Also, TMH came out and jammed with them for the last song of the night. It may have just been an improv jam because there weren't any lyrics and I didn't recognize it.

Damn, I used the word 'jam' a lot in this post.....

so glad you liked 'the mess hall'. i do my darndest to see them every time they play in sydney. once, a little while back i saw them at a festival with daughter #2 and she said to me she can see why i love seeing them all the time. she thought they were great and she's an emo head most of the time.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I saw Wolfmother and The Mess Hall last night here in Nashville and the show was great!! First off The Mess Hall was a perfect opening band. That got the crowd going. I had never heard of them until last night and came away very impressed, going to have to buy their cd. Wolfmother fucking kicked major ass! They sounded wonderful and I was surprised that the lead singer could sound that good live. I got a feeling that will be last time they play that small of a venue. They are going to be a huge success as long as they don't fuck it up.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.