Dashboard Confessional leaked

jerve5150jerve5150 Posts: 30
edited June 2006 in Other Music
New Dashboard leaked, I wasn't expecting much but I'm feeling it. I believe I heard Adam Duritz throw in some vocal stylings.
Strictly for my ninjas
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jerve5150 wrote:
    New Dashboard leaked, I wasn't expecting much but I'm feeling it. I believe I heard Adam Duritz throw in some vocal stylings.

I've never heard DC but I like Adam Duritz. What are DC like?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • I've never heard DC but I like Adam Duritz. What are DC like?

so far everything i've heard from the new album hasn't been anywhere close to the last record. dashboard confessional have two styles pretty much. one is when the lead singer/songwriter chris is just playing acoustic guitar by himself and the other is with a full band that has a very pop/rock sound. if you like more acoustic type stuff then check out his first two albums swiss army romance and the places you have come to fear the most. if you want some rock (which i prefer) get the last record they did a mark a mission a brand a scar. that record was produced by gil norton and has a great sound and good variety between the electric and acoustic stuff not to mention their best songs so far imo.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I like the new one a lot. What is everyone's thoughts?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    my gf's a huge dashboard fan. i just can't get into them. i'm not big on the whole earnest emo thing. probly cos i don't have feelings. i prefer guns'n'roses or buckcherry to songs about breaking up. i'd rather hear about how someone doesn't give a fuck about the bitch than about how much her leaving hurt. thus why i like rap too i suppose ;) plus that one hit song they had was one of the most annoying songs i ever heard.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    my gf's a huge dashboard fan. i just can't get into them. i'm not big on the whole earnest emo thing. probly cos i don't have feelings. i prefer guns'n'roses or buckcherry to songs about breaking up. i'd rather hear about how someone doesn't give a fuck about the bitch than about how much her leaving hurt. thus why i like rap too i suppose ;) plus that one hit song they had was one of the most annoying songs i ever heard.

screaming infidelities? yeah i was actually annoyed about by it too when i first heard it but then I heard all their stuff and now Im a big fan. But I know a lot of people who are annoyed by Chris' voice and his songs.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I have to say that Chris' voice and lyrics now make me cringe, but back when I was starting college in 2001 Dashboard Confessional was exactly what I was looking for. I'm slightly ashamed of the music I loved during my first year of college, I have to admit that Dashboard Confessional was largely responsible for forming my appreciation for singer-songwriter/acoustic music - even if I now consider his/their singing and songwriting annoying. I still can't figure out how I went from listening to Pearl Jam, PJ Harvey and Tori Amos to Dashboard Confessional and Saves the Day, but what are you going to do. Thank god I grew out of it.

That said, I'm all for people listening to what they like, so I hope those of you who are fans continue to enjoy the music. This stuff just isn't for me.