so is pink floyd....

PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
edited April 2008 in Other Music
...ever gonna tour together again? id actually pay those crazy ticket prices to see these guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I'd love to see them again as well. It's been 14 years since I saw them last.
    Just me
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    I would jump through hoops to get the worst of the worst nosebleed seats to pink floyd. it would be the same for led zep, but that's a different thread...
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    its always been a dream of mine to see them at msg with my dad and get stoned outta my mind. id pay for front row seats no matter what the cost is. i still have hopes they'll do one more tour before its to late. amazing band
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    ...ever gonna tour together again? id actually pay those crazy ticket prices to see these guys.

Paid the most Ive ever paid for any gig when saw them at Manchester.£150 from touts outside.Worth every penny.
    What can Floyd charge when The Australian Pink Floyd tribute are now charging up to £50 to see them.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Aussie Floyd is SPECTACULAR, DON'T see Roger Waters when you can see these guys.

I would pay whatever it takes to see Floyd live, seriously.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

I'll tell ya, I'd love to see this. Whaterever the beef is between Waters and Gimore, I'd wish they'd put it behind them. In all honesty, I'm seeing Waters solo in 2 weeks and for the price I paid for that ticket, I'd much rather see a full Pink Floyd reunion, but Waters solo should still be amazing. I'm just saying for the $200 bucks I spent I'd much rather see a Floyd show proper.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    Here's my idea...
    Pink Floyd (the post Syd Floyd... 'Meddle' to 'The Wall') can still pull off a legitimate reunion because Waters, Gilmore, Mason and Wright are still alive and still viable musicians.
    They do one week stints in Los Angeles, New York, London and Sydney. Stadiums... because the massive Floyd theatrical show plays well in large venues and you can be sitting up in the press box and still have an amazing experience.
    Each city does one Stadium (The Rose Bowl, for example)... for one week. Six or seven different shows. No opening act... one intermission (old school style). The Greatest Hits, The Wall (from beginning to End... the same as the 1981 shows in L.A. and New York), Dark Side Of The Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals (each with other songs from their vast catalog tossed in the mix to make up the extra time). Since 'The Wall' requires such a massive effort... it is played twice or 3 times.
    This way, there is not the expensive logistics involved with moving such a huge show. The bricks, the balloons, the animation, the coordination... expensive to pack up and transport.
    They can charge Rolling Stone/Paul McCartney prices because their shows are worth every dime. And people would pay it. They can start sales for 5 shows and add shows if the demand is there.
    I have been fortunate enough to see the 'Wish You Were Here', 'Animals' and 'The Wall' tours and they rank as some of the Best shows I have ever seen. They could make a fortune and there are millions of people worldwide who will make the pilgrimage to one of the cities.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Cosmo wrote:
    I have been fortunate enough to see the 'Wish You Were Here', 'Animals' and 'The Wall' tours and they rank as some of the Best shows I have ever seen. They could make a fortune and there are millions of people worldwide who will make the pilgrimage to one of the cities.

see this part here is why i dont like you, im just joking. man youre lucky that would have been so awesome to just see them once during those eras.
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    My aunt dragged me to see three bands I'd never heard of , well , except for being gifted the 45 of Happy Jack as a birthday gift. The bands were The Who, Pink Floyd, and The Troggs. That was July 24, 1968. I was 9 and the venue was JFK Stadium (R.I.P.) in Philly. 40 years on, I'm over the moon that I went. Still a Who and Pink Floyd nutter. I would love a chance to see Pink Floyd again. Saw Wish You Were Here, Dark Side, and Animals tour shows as a teenager ,but that was 30+ years ago. I'd definitely pay several hundred dollars for just one ticket to see a reunion. Heck, I was thrilled to see David Gilmour solo at The Tower Theater and Roger Waters " Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking" (w/ Eric Clapton on guitar) just to experience an " as close to Mr. Floyd as I'm gonna get" show.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I would EASILY pay $1000.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    Who needs a right arm anyway?
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední