I keep reading really bad reviews of Stadium Arcadium but...

egg_rollingegg_rolling Posts: 16
edited August 2006 in Other Music
... i personally feel that it is a very good album. Anybody is with me? And why do you think it is getting bad reviews? There are really strong numbers in it as Wet Sand, Tell Me Baby or others...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    At first I couldn't really get into this album, just a couple of the songs. But after a while I really grew to love this cd especially the second disc. I hope they play a lot of it when I see them in October.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    i love this album. i really don't understand some critics. my favorite track right now is make you feel better. rockin'.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • i saw them live in may and they played mostly songs from stadium arcadium. so you should be happy. i was happy too.
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Everything I have heard on the radio has been TERRIBLE....when the album came out they played 1 song every hour. The new single is the worst....Tell Me Baby or whatever - YUCK

it makes me SAD - I used to LOVE the Peppers
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    At first I couldn't really get into this album, just a couple of the songs. But after a while I really grew to love this cd especially the second disc. I hope they play a lot of it when I see them in October.

They have been playing 5 -6 songs out of a 22 song set.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    They have been playing 5 -6 songs out of a 22 song set.

at lollapalooza i thnk their entire set was songs from that album. i wasnt impressed. none of them were bad... but they all sounded like generic rhcp tunes. nothing spectacular either.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i think its damn good, one of their best
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Maybe I'm reading different reviews but I'm hearing mostly good things. The odd critic will comment on the length of the double-disc and how it could have rivaled BSSM if it were shorter in length. There was also that bullshit controversy that Dani California is a Tom Petty rip-off (Mary Jane sounds an awful lot like Sweet Home Alabama to me). The only negative things that I am hearing are coming from so-called "alternative" or "indie" fans who simply hate something solely because it is popular. Really in the end, does it matter what other people are saying about the album. Music really is a highly subjective thing and it really is up to the individual listener whether or not something sounds good to them.

IMO, I wasn't a huge fan of By the Way but I think Stadium Arcadium kicks ass. It took a few listens to really get into it but now I can't get enough of it.
  • Great album, great songs. Frusciante's gutiar is great. Also Kedis lyrics and singing are in fine forum on this album. Some people may not like it well they aint really chilis fans then.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    at lollapalooza i thnk their entire set was songs from that album. i wasnt impressed. none of them were bad... but they all sounded like generic rhcp tunes. nothing spectacular either.

They played 5 out of 18 tracks when you think they just released a 28 song double cd they aren't playing many really.

Setlist

06/08/2006

Chicago, IL, U.S.A
    Grant Park Lollapalooza

01. Intro Jam
    02. Can't Stop
    03. Dani California
    04. Scar Tissue
    05. Charlie
    06. Fortune Faded
    07. Readymade
    08. Throw Away Your Television
    09. Snow (Hey Oh)
    10. Me & My Friends
    11. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (John solo)
    12. Wet Sand
    13. Right On Time
    14. Don't Forget Me
    15. Tell Me Baby
    16. By The Way

Encore:
    17. Give It Away
    18. Final Jam
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Stadium Arcadium is a great album. It really shows the range of the Peppers. Most of the reviews I read when it came out were good. I agree with the poster who said most of the negative reviews were probably from indie hipsters who don't actually pay attention to the music, but just judge stuff on how "non-conformist" it is, and refuse to give a positive review to anything in the mainstream. Whenever I read someone say "all the songs sound the same" (as I have seen many haters on this board say) I immediately discount their opinion, because no one who knows anything about music could claim that Turn it Again and Readymade sound the same as Wet Sand or Make You Feel Better.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I tried to get into the album - I really liked their last 2 and I've been a huge fan for a long time - but I have to say I simply found it boring. To me, it sounded kind of reheated and uninspired. They had been moving in an interesting new direction with their last 2 albums since Frusicante returned but I feel like the bus kind of stalled on this one.

I'm glad you guys like it, though. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I just wanted to let you know that a true Chili Peppers fan (and non-hipster ;) ) didn't really care for it.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • I'm not a huge RHCP fan, but I like some of their stuff. The new album to me is decent, and I listened to it a bunch of times through, but I don't think that I have touched it in about 3 weeks. It just didn't have any lasting power for me.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    05. Charlie
    06. Fortune Faded
    07. Readymade
    08. Throw Away Your Television
    09. Snow (Hey Oh)
    11. For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (John solo)
    12. Wet Sand
    13. Right On Time
    14. Don't Forget Me

i dont/didnt know any of these songs... you're telling me only 3 of them(accounting for dani cali and tell me baby, which i do know) were off the new album? where the hell did the rest come from?
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    Charlie, Readymade, Snow, and Wet Sand are off the new album. Throw Away Your television and Don't Forget Me are from By The Way. Right On Time is from Californication. Fortune Faded is from the Greatest Hits. For Emily is a Simon and Garfunkel cover.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I think the new Peppers album is great. I was listening to She's Only 18 and Wet Sand earlier...2 of my favs. from the album.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • Is a really great album, but californication is way too much better!!

I really like the album but honestly pearl jam is way too much better album!!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • I love the new album from them and I definitely feel it was a great purchase. It just gives you all these fresh dimensions from them and it blew me away. I believe they did a brilliant job.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."