Options

DJ Shadow

viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
edited June 2006 in Other Music
So, I searched for a thread on DJ Shadow and found nothing. :rolleyes:
But anyway, has anyone heard his stuff with Cut Chemist...the Brainfreeze and Product Placement mixes. What's it like ? I love what he's done with Dan the Automator on Bombay The Hard Way : Guns, Cars & Sitars - remixing so to speak kitshcy Bollywood music from the 70's.
Also, I heard he's coming out with a new album soon.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    viggs20 wrote:
    So, I searched for a thread on DJ Shadow and found nothing. :rolleyes:
    But anyway, has anyone heard his stuff with Cut Chemist...the Brainfreeze and Product Placement mixes. What's it like ? I love what he's done with Dan the Automator on Bombay The Hard Way : Guns, Cars & Sitars - remixing so to speak kitshcy Bollywood music from the 70's.
    Also, I heard he's coming out with a new album soon.

I used to work with shadow..I was lucky enough to travel to the Uk for the 2002 tour....difficult to believe its been almost 4 years since the private press album/tour.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I used to work with shadow..I was lucky enough to travel to the Uk for the 2002 tour....difficult to believe its been almost 4 years since the private press album/tour.
    Care to share the experience ?

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    That live DVD he put out is something else...great stuff
  • Options
    kidapollokidapollo Posts: 75
    Entroducing is still one of my favorite albums. I love The Private Press, too, but Entroducing introduced me to turntablism and the boundless possibilities of mining beats and hooks. I've been away from that scene for a while, can any of you suggest some shit I should be listening to?
    I MET SIR MIKE F'N McCREADY!!!!!!!!
    (Added to my sig as per SENROCK'S suggestion)

"No time to be void, or save up on life ... you got to spend it all."

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member #0020

Last Exit: Pittsburgh
    Next Stop: ???
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    kidapollo wrote:
    Entroducing is still one of my favorite albums. I love The Private Press, too, but Entroducing introduced me to turntablism and the boundless possibilities of mining beats and hooks. I've been away from that scene for a while, can any of you suggest some shit I should be listening to?

Dj krush is unbelievable as well, him and dj shadow are as fast as anyone ive ever seen on turntables.

If you go to youtube and search dj shadow there are some amzing live clips, i saw one where he's playing the number song from the endtroducing album, awesome man.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    kidapollo wrote:
    Daedelus.
    The Avalanches.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    viggs20 wrote:
    Care to share the experience ?

I flew to London, and was at the 2 Brixton Academy shows......the place was packed.....I was jetlagged, so I could not stay awake for night #1, but I did get the full experience on night #2.

He had a great caterer on the tour, so when the manager saw how knackered I looked, he asked the chef to cook me up a nice meal!

It was cool to be backstage at the Brixton Academt, since it is such a prominent venue.

The next show I saw was in Leeds at the Union University. Smaller venue, and I was able to bring some of my family who lived in Leeds.

My oldest cousin was 56 at the time, so I got her a table on the balcony, and kept bringing her coffee, and she was fully content watching the entire set.

I was one of Shadow's accountants, so I had to deal with the tax authorities in 12 different countries, which was scary, since they withhold tax on his fees. The funnest part of the tour was counting all of the road float cash afterwards, since there were so many different currencies.

I saw a few of his shows in Los Angeles, as well as one in Solana Beach (San Diego).

The Brixton shows were documented on a dvd, so it was cool to relive the shows!

Difficult to believe its been 4 years since the tour!
  • Options
    That's really cool, man. Thanks for sharing. Was he caring his gazillion vinyls with him on tour ?