Joe Strummer - The Future Is Unwritten

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited November 2007 in Other Music
So I stopped my daughter as she was rushing out the door to school today, just to make her read this quick movie review because I thought it really captures the essence of Joe Strummer and to get jazzed to see this film. It won't take much, though. She's been a fan (all on her own) since she was little. The kid's got taste.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/weekend/20071109_Joe_Strummer__The_Future_Is_Unwritten____1_2.html

Can't wait to see it.
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    yeah me too i can't wait to see it the man was great and THE CLASH ruled my world thru out the 80's, saw them a bunch of times the best being at the peir here in NY for a 3night stand they rocked evry single night ..........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • 'I can only play six strings, or none at all'. Bless him. :)

I'm a bit offended by the Sex Pistols bit though. 'Still embarrassing themselves'. :mad:
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    I remember rushing down to soho after work to see this when it came out in England. It has to be seen in the cinema. Can't stress that enough. It's a beautiful film!
  • Hoping to see it this week. I've heard it's really balanced and well done.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Fantastic piece of film.
    It is also crazy to hear how much Johnny Depp sounds/talks like Ed Vedder. Their voices are identical.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Great film! I just bought the DVD yesterday.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits