Massive Attack

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Okay, so I'm going to try to get tickets for a friend for the Tower Theatre show in Upper Darby. The question I'm posing to the studio audience is this ... do I want to be at this show myself?

Electric Factory has always been "the Man," but at least they're sending some very decent bands our way. :)
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I looove Massive Attack. I'd go, with or without company :) Never had a chance to see them live.
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    i've never listened to them, what should i check out?
    Protection was the album that got me into their music. Messanine is also quite good. :)

I'll have to go dig through my CD's. I've been listening almost exclusively to PJ lately, its been a while since I've ventured into the house rhelm.

Deffinately worth a listen if you are into that sort of music.

Like I said, never been fortunate enough to see them live, but I'd love to hear what you think if you do decide to go.
    Now that I think of it, there was a video for "teardrop". You may check out youtube and see if its posted. That would give you a decent idea of their more mellow stuff.
  • i was lucky enough to catch them live at coachella and they put on an AMAZING set! i hadn't really heard much by them before that and wasn't a fan, but after that show i couldn't believe i had never listened to them before! i'd go see them again in a heartbeat. hope that helps :)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    OneLove wrote:
    Protection was the album that got me into their music. Messanine is also quite good. :)

I'll have to go dig through my CD's. I've been listening almost exclusively to PJ lately, its been a while since I've ventured into the house rhelm.

Deffinately worth a listen if you are into that sort of music.

Like I said, never been fortunate enough to see them live, but I'd love to hear what you think if you do decide to go.

Massive Attack aren't house music they are more somewhere in the region of trip-hop and ambient with elements of rock, techno and dub thrown in, Mezzanine is the shit!:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Massive Attack aren't house music they are more somewhere in the region of trip-hop and ambient with elements of rock, techno and dub thrown in, Mezzanine is the shit!:)

I hear ya. But look how much time I saved myself by not typing all that out? ;)
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I saw them live a couple of years ago at a music festival and i can honestly say it was my favourite live performance i have ever seen. The drumming and vocals were incredible, and the light show they had going was so cool.

They played teardrop just as the sun was setting at the side of the stage, was one of the best nights of my life. Definitely go and see them!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    OneLove wrote:
    I hear ya. But look how much time I saved myself by not typing all that out? ;)

Lol:) Blue Lines is a pretty good album too.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.