Options

Kurdt tells his story ...

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited December 2005 in Other Music
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09122005/364/cobain-narrate-new-movie.html

Cobain to narrate new movie Friday December 9, 11:35 AM By WENN

Late Nirvana rocker Kurt Cobain will narrate a new documentary on his life, thanks to interview tapes made by biographer Michael Azerrad.

Azerrad collected 25 hours of recorded conversations with the Smells Like Teen Spirit icon when he was researching his book Come As You Are in late 1992 and early 1993.

And director AJ Schnack collaborated with Azerrad to create a 95-minute commentary from the spools of interview recordings, which focus on Cobain and his life rather than the development of Nirvana from unknowns to international superstars.

Schnack says, "You will be listening in on conversations between Kurt and Michael, with Kurt telling his life story for that book.

"It means a great deal to me that (Azerrad) trusted me with the material because I know how important it is to him.

"I just hope that by the end of the film people have a truer sense of Kurt, both from his own words as well as the visuals that we are shooting...

"Hopefully, we can cut through some of the mythology that has made him a larger-than-life character and create something that is intimate and personal."

Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, the two surviving members of Nirvana, will not contribute to the project, and it remains unclear if Nirvana material will appear on the film's soundtrack.
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    "Kurdt"......I remember this inside joke from our past. We did have some fun with it. :)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.