Shhh ...

blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
edited February 2007 in Other Music
We want The Spinto Band to be successful, but it's been kinda nice to be able to see them up close and say hi to them and buy CDs from them and stuff. Oh, yeah, and their music is positively infectious and they're really nice. Once the buzz starts, it gets harder to get to the front. :)

21 To Watch ...

#19 The Spinto Band

Who they are: The alternative rock band from Wilmington is currently the bearer of the alternative rock mantle for the Philadelphia region. Their last CD, 2005's "Nice and Nicely Done," was popular in the United Kingdom and led to a tour with the Arctic Monkeys.

Why they're on the spot: Local alternative bands tend to be better known in places like London or New York than they are in Philly. Will the Spinto Band become the first rock band from Philly in a couple of decades to go national?

Quote: "There are hints of New Wave guitars, odes to Pavement's summer babes and Flaming Lips' daydreams, all done with equal parts innocence and skill,." — 2005 review in the Daily News.

When to watch: Check your local club listings.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/local/16588276.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I so thought this thread was going to be about a miles davis song :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Sorry to disappoint.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Great band though. I'm from Wilmington, so I'm biased.

But it's nice to see real music that I like come out of Delaware. There was quite a lull between them and George Thorogood :D
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
  • Will the Spinto Band become the first rock band from Philly in a couple of decades to go national?

Quote: "...all done with equal parts innocence...

no, and that's why...they aren't believable yet. i've seen them up close and personal and i wasn't impressed.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • no, and that's why...they aren't believable yet. i've seen them up close and personal and i wasn't impressed.

Seriously? I think they do a great show ... really fun and engaging. We're looking forward to the next record and only hope that they don't get too big too fast so that we have trouble seeing them perform it.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Haha. Our drummer went to high school with these guys, so when they came out to LA we let them use our acoustic for an in studio gig at 103.1

A lil quirky but very f'n catchy. I'm sure they will have a pretty big year!

best of luck to them
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”