Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best."
~ FZ ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549

Just a one-off? Or will more shows follow?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    That's pathetic Trent. How can you demean yourself by opening for these second rate hacks who are clearly beneath you!!
  • Foo Fighters aren't that great but they're better than NIN. If they would've just kept in the direction they started on One By One and their cover of Darling Nikki, the Foos would be sweet.
  • Weird desicion.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • yeah this is weird, both of these bands were on headlining tours at the same time pretty recently.
  • Matty Boy wrote:
    That's pathetic Trent. How can you demean yourself by opening for these second rate hacks who are clearly beneath you!!

true so true

In Your Honor was the greatest rock n' roll swindle of all time, a rehash of their shitty poppy radio friendly material with different lyrics and packaging and all those idiots ate it up.

After the S/t and colour and shape the foos can go screw
  • Matty Boy wrote:

true so true

In Your Honor was the greatest rock n' roll swindle of all time, a rehash of their shitty poppy radio friendly material with different lyrics and packaging and the intellectually devoid masses ate it up. I heard that after One by One that Dave wanted to break up the band, he should have. Remember when he was writing that piece of crap double album and he said that (of all people) John Kerry was his muse, and when W used "times like these" at a rally it angered him. What a load of shit fuck!!! By no means is that a pro bush statement but how cliched anti establishment can you get.

After the S/t and colour and shape the foos and especially dave grohl can go screw

NIN are the complete opposite of the foos (and should not be opening for them) they are engaging and creative. Year Zero as experimental as it sounds will probably be the 00's ok computer (mark those words).

IMO the Foos don't even deserve to be in the same city that trent is in because they will defile with their shittiness.
  • true so true

In Your Honor was the greatest rock n' roll swindle of all time, a rehash of their shitty poppy radio friendly material with different lyrics and packaging and all those idiots ate it up.

After the S/t and colour and shape the foos can go screw
    About half of "There's Nothing Left To Lose" is great and "One By One" has it's moments... even IYH had some good songs among the dribble (razor, resolve,..). Nothing quality of the first 2 or 3 albums, but not terrible.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    NIN pulled out ages ago.
    It sucks dick, but they did.
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Foo Fighters aren't that great but they're better than NIN. If they would've just kept in the direction they started on One By One and their cover of Darling Nikki, the Foos would be sweet.

Better than NIN? I know people who would slaughter you for saying that, and they would be justified
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    According to the promotors of this show, NIN pulled out of this support slot ages ago to play their own show in Ireland. An email sent by Foo Fighters seems to have confused people again.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    according to what i heard nin were never actually booked for this show, someone just assumed they would play.
  • but now according to various sources such as nme.com, mtv.com, ticketmaster etc etc

it is back on

and it's happening in edinburgh too. http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/27660
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I heard this about 6 weeks ago, then about 3 days ago I heard they pulled out. On ticketmaster and ads and such it just says "plus special guests". Usually if it's a band of note they'll list their name, so I don't thin kthey're on board.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • from http://www.ticketmaster.ie

NINE INCH NAILS
    NINE INCH NAILS will perform as special guests to the FOO FIGHTERS at Marley Park on 22 August. Silversun Pickups have also been added to the line up. Tickets are on sale now.
    Find Tickets.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    I heard this about 6 weeks ago, then about 3 days ago I heard they pulled out. On ticketmaster and ads and such it just says "plus special guests". Usually if it's a band of note they'll list their name, so I don't thin kthey're on board.

3 days? i saw nin wouldn't be at this show at least 2/3 weeks ago. possibly longer.

no mention of this show over at nin.com but according to echoing the sound some people do think their support is back on. so who knows!
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    They are back on board. http://www.nin.com
    I am so fucked off its unreal. I bought pre-sale Spiral tickets, they cancel a few hours later and I get a refund, now they announce they are BACK on board so I have to scramble for GA tickets. Fuck this show better be mindblowing. Very shitty on the part of whoever is responsible for this fuck up :mad:
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Matty Boy wrote:

I agree, Nine Inch Nails is a lot more original, better and precious than Foo Fighters!!! Not to mention NIN is one of the best live bands around and you can't say the same about the foos...What a shame:(
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    About half of "There's Nothing Left To Lose" is great and "One By One" has it's moments... even IYH had some good songs among the dribble (razor, resolve,..). Nothing quality of the first 2 or 3 albums, but not terrible.

One By one is their worst IMHO...There Is Nothing Left To Lose and The Colour... were way better!!!!!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London