Sparta- TLA- Philly

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anyone catch the show sunday night??

they were unbelieveable!!! they played really strong and Jim's voice was amazing !!
He kept making Eddie vedder type facial expressions all night long, i think they look alot alike.
Assemble the empire blew my mind. i thougth it was really odd that the show just ended weirdly, with no encore, ithought they would at least come back for one song

and the opening band Sound team were fucking great!!
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Cool, I'm going to see them tomorrow in NYC.

Just curious, about what time did they go on stage?
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• chimpat wrote:
    Cool, I'm going to see them tomorrow in NYC.

Just curious, about what time did they go on stage?

I'm also going to see them tomorrow and have the same question.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
    I'm also going to see them tomorrow and have the same question.

Frog, doors are at 7:30 and there's two openers so I'm thinking 9:30ish is the earliest they'd come on. Hopefully we can get an answer on this sometime today.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• They actually didn't take the stage till about 10:30, and they played till about 12. Jim also answered your question about the encore. After the main set people stayed and got a "Sparta" chant going. They came back and he said something along the lines of "we have a strict rule, we don't do bullshit encores. If people stick around and wanna hear more songs then we play more." They proceeded to play a couple more songs. I think it's a cool approach, instead of pretending to leave knowing that they will come back, you actually gotta cheer to bring them back! Thats what the term "encore" is supposed to mean.

Helluva show btw.
    "The sun is shining, but not for me."
    I agree, it was a solid show. Wish they played a little more from Wiretap, but it's all good. The drummer is awesome.

• They actually didn't take the stage till about 10:30, and they played till about 12. Jim also answered your question about the encore. After the main set people stayed and got a "Sparta" chant going. They came back and he said something along the lines of "we have a strict rule, we don't do bullshit encores. If people stick around and wanna hear more songs then we play more." They proceeded to play a couple more songs. I think it's a cool approach, instead of pretending to leave knowing that they will come back, you actually gotta cheer to bring them back! Thats what the term "encore" is supposed to mean.

Helluva show btw.

well thats cool and all about what he said about the Encore. but at the TLA show in philly they walked off stage , the lights came on, music started playing from the PA sytem and security started telling people to start moving to the door. there was no chance for an encore, people stayed and chanted but they couldnt help but notice all of the signs pointing to them not comming back on . and they didnt

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

well thats cool and all about what he said about the Encore. but at the TLA show in philly they walked off stage , the lights came on, music started playing from the PA sytem and security started telling people to start moving to the door. there was no chance for an encore, people stayed and chanted but they couldnt help but notice all of the signs pointing to them not comming back on . and they didnt

That sucks but did you at least swing over to Jim's and grab a steak? Love that place.

• chimpat wrote:
    That sucks but did you at least swing over to Jim's and grab a steak? Love that place.

when you live in Philly , Especially south Philly, there is a procedure that you must follow in order to get a cheese steak from jims, many out of towners do not know this , but it takes weeks of planning to go there

1) decide what day and time you want to go , this is key because jims is very busy at certain times and on certain days

2) pick an outfit that is old, ugly, or you are able to part with, typically an old bathing suit , t-shirt, swimming trunks, basketball shorts,-- the best time to go is Summer because the weather permits you to wear the above listed----if it is winter leave your jacket in the car

3) Try to get your order as fast as possible , get it and get out !!! eating in there is your choice, it is though extremely not recommeneded

steps 2-3 are very necessary becuase Jims carries an unfortunate side effect, an unflattering trailing odor! it sticks to you and your clothing like super glue. and if you are doing site seeing you will smell like a big onion/steak sandwich all day. for best results follow step 2 and shower immediately, take your sandwich home. if it is winter, ( i dont go there during this season, only warm months), and you decide to go , before you enter , if it is possible, stripp to the bare minimum

this might seem like alot , and very long answer to your simple question but these are the steps i follow and everyone i know when going to jims , So No i did not stop by Jims, because One cannot just swing over :D