The Arcade Fire - Philly -Tower Theater

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited May 2007 in Other Music
WOW!!! what a great Fucking Show. they were unbelievable live. the only complaint is that the show was a little shorter than i wanted it to be.

they played my two favorite songs ( power out and Rebellion). for those not familiar with the Tower theater, its basically an old style theater with all seating. after the first song Win told anyone with a ticket to move up as close as possible. there was a mad rush to the front and it became this awesome party. everyone there were partying in the aisles, i know the all of the ushers were going insane, but it was a cool scene, especially considering that most shows there are pretty reserved.
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    i bet they sound incredible 'live' performance. i sure hope to catch one of their shows...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i just hope we can have a new thread every time arcade fire plays another show.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    WOW!!! what a great Fucking Show. they were unbelievable live. the only complaint is that the show was a little shorter than i wanted it to be.

they played my two favorite songs ( power out and Rebellion). for those not familiar with the Tower theater, its basically an old style theater with all seating. after the first song Win told anyone with a ticket to move up as close as possible. there was a mad rush to the front and it became this awesome party. everyone there were partying in the aisles, i know the all of the ushers were going insane, but it was a cool scene, especially considering that most shows there are pretty reserved.
    Good for you...a great time is inevitable with The Arcade Fire. They were outstanding at Coachella!

A friend of mine also went to last night's show with his 12-year old son (must indoctrinate the young ones on good music at an early age!), got a setlist and posted his review of last night's show that went like this:

"Here is my 30 second review:

The opening band - The Nationals are very good, I enjoyed them a lot.

Arcade Fire is just insane when they play live. I counted 10 people in the band on stage. I really pity their on road crew as they had so many instruments - guitars, drums, keyboards, a pipe organ, bullhorns, zylophone, french horn, tuba, bass chello, violins, a glockenspiel, some damn wooden thing that you have to crank to play, an accordian, and I swear I am not making this up, but at one point the one dude was using a book as a percussion instrument - slamming it shut over and over into the microphone and then just ripping out each page one by one. You have to see it to believe it!. During No Cars Go, two of them were just beating the crap out of a drum and whatever else they had laying around at the time. The whole place went nuts. Everytime a new song started and the lights would come on, you had to look around to see who was where and what instrument they were playing.

After the first song, the lead singer, Win, said something like "again with the fucking tickets, everyone come down here near the stage!" and as you can imagine started a rush of humanity. It got the tall guy out of our way so we just stayed put and had a great time."
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    in Atlanta last Tuesday, Win got the crowd to rush the front as well, including [url=mehttp://forums.pearljam.com/images/icons/icon7.gif]mehttp://forums.pearljam.com/images/icons/icon7.gif[/url]