Sparta or My Morning Jacket????

2»

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    It wasn't Sparta's best performance, but they still kicked ass. I wish they woulda played something besides 'Taking Back Control' though. I know why they played it, obviously cuz it's the most commercial friendly song & hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Anyway, not only is their music not shitty, all 3 albums are amazing...(Have you even heard them??) They don't look shitty either, as a matter of fact Jim is hott as hell, thanks. Can't wait to see them again next month. :) (No opinions on My Morning Jacket, as I don't think I've heard a song fron them.)

thank god i dont choose my music based on how hott somebody is (what is this, junior fucking high? who the hell puts 2 t's on hot after puberty?). and yes, ive heard sparta. they opened for pearl jam 2 nights in a row that i saw. they were awful. it was 45 minutes of noise. they didnt play a single song that i could tell. just a bunch of feedback and screaming. and it all sounded exactly the same.
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    thank god i dont choose my music based on how hott somebody is (what is this, junior fucking high? who the hell puts 2 t's on hot after puberty?). and yes, ive heard sparta. they opened for pearl jam 2 nights in a row that i saw. they were awful. it was 45 minutes of noise. they didnt play a single song that i could tell. just a bunch of feedback and screaming. and it all sounded exactly the same.

as if Sonic Youth or the Buzzcocks could be described any differently...
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• thank god i dont choose my music based on how hott somebody is (what is this, junior fucking high? who the hell puts 2 t's on hot after puberty?). and yes, ive heard sparta. they opened for pearl jam 2 nights in a row that i saw. they were awful. it was 45 minutes of noise. they didnt play a single song that i could tell. just a bunch of feedback and screaming. and it all sounded exactly the same.

I don't like them because Jim is hotT (I only mentioned it cuz you said they look "shitty.")...I first heard them when they opened for PJ & liked their sound & decided to check them out. The sound wasn't that great at a lot of the PJ shows, so if you're judging them soley on those performances, I strongly suggest you check them out again. Download some songs or something, seriously, you're missing out...Great stuff. :D
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

my hears thought Sparta was awful in Cleveland '03...

but then i checked out all there albums. they rock...hard...hard and good

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks