Brand New- Philly Last Nite

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited April 2007 in Other Music
WOW ! what a great fucking show they put on. well last night was the final date on their tour with The Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine and his band.
i Cant even explain the pure musical force that was last night, there was so much raw enery from all bands.
since it was their last stop , all the bands decided to play with each other through out the night. at any given point there would be like 18 people playing on stage , like 7 people playing drums. it was just a fucking crazy show. when brand new took the stage , memebrs from the opening bands would join them on stage too, playing drums and guitars and keyboards. they ended the show with the instrumental from their new record " welcome the Bangcock". which brought on every member from all of the bands. the sight was one to see. around 25 or so people on stage rocking out. around 18 people playing drums just jamming the fuck out. it was one of the greatest live momnets i have ever seen
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• clayton12clayton12 Posts: 335
    what did you think of Manchester Orchestra? One of my cities best bands at the moment.
  • thats funny you ask, i was actually very pleased by them, and thought they sounded great. im actually in the process of looking on some music sites to buy their album

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    thats funny you ask, i was actually very pleased by them, and thought they sounded great. im actually in the process of looking on some music sites to buy their album

their last 2 albums are fucking phenomenal... deja entendu, devil and god are raging inside me. don't bother with their first.

they were INCREDIBLE live when i saw them. they kicked off with a smattering of highlights from their first album, played all of deja entendu in order, then came back for an encore of a half dozen tunes from the new album. the only band outside pearl jam (and jam bands) that i have seen play for over 2 hours in a LONG time. they are the real deal and they rocked hard. i've seen a lot of concerts this year and they hands down take the cake for exceeding my expectations. id say they were the best live show i've seen period, but it's tough to toss out built to spill and the hold steady (who i saw the very next night).
  • their last 2 albums are fucking phenomenal... deja entendu, devil and god are raging inside me. don't bother with their first.

they were INCREDIBLE live when i saw them. they kicked off with a smattering of highlights from their first album, played all of deja entendu in order, then came back for an encore of a half dozen tunes from the new album. the only band outside pearl jam (and jam bands) that i have seen play for over 2 hours in a LONG time. they are the real deal and they rocked hard. i've seen a lot of concerts this year and they hands down take the cake for exceeding my expectations. id say they were the best live show i've seen period, but it's tough to toss out built to spill and the hold steady (who i saw the very next night).

Oh no Soulsinging , i was responding to the person above me about Manchester Orchestra. Ive been a fan of BN since the beginning. Their new Album is fucking Phenomenal. i mean its a total and complete departure from their previous works. its produced so well and musically its incredible. youre right the first album may be alittle poppy to some but i still have my favs from that one like " No Seatbelt song " and "Failure by Design". last night when i saw them they really blew me away. i like them alot but i never expected the mto be that good live. they played a couple from the first album and a couple from Deja and then played the entire new album.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Oh no Soulsinging , i was responding to the person above me about Manchester Orchestra. Ive been a fan of BN since the beginning. Their new Album is fucking Phenomenal. i mean its a total and complete departure from their previous works. its produced so well and musically its incredible. youre right the first album may be alittle poppy to some but i still have my favs from that one like " No Seatbelt song " and "Failure by Design". last night when i saw them they really blew me away. i like them alot but i never expected the mto be that good live. they played a couple from the first album and a couple from Deja and then played the entire new album.

they played the entire new album? damn! id much rather have heard the whole new album than deja entendu... though i guess hearing deja live made me appreciate that album a whole lot more.
  • they played the entire new album? damn! id much rather have heard the whole new album than deja entendu... though i guess hearing deja live made me appreciate that album a whole lot more.

yeah i was quite shocked too, but they played the entire album. im thinking about buying tix to see the in Atlantic City.
    i was supposed to see them last summer here in philly but things didnt work out to plan, so missed out. then i caught them when they opened for Dashboard confessional in the fall. they were pretty good then , but it seems like they gave it their all on this show

• mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    WOW ! what a great fucking show they put on. well last night was the final date on their tour with The Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine and his band.
    i Cant even explain the pure musical force that was last night, there was so much raw enery from all bands.
    since it was their last stop , all the bands decided to play with each other through out the night. at any given point there would be like 18 people playing on stage , like 7 people playing drums. it was just a fucking crazy show. when brand new took the stage , memebrs from the opening bands would join them on stage too, playing drums and guitars and keyboards. they ended the show with the instrumental from their new record " welcome the Bangcock". which brought on every member from all of the bands. the sight was one to see. around 25 or so people on stage rocking out. around 18 people playing drums just jamming the fuck out. it was one of the greatest live momnets i have ever seen

They did same thing in NY @ Irving show
    It was cool to see bands that were having great time rocking out with each other
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows