Silversun Pcikups

pearljam_addictionpearljam_addiction Posts: 668
edited February 2007 in Other Music
i just picked up their album " Carnavas", i thinks tis really good, the lead singer kinda sounds like a cross between billy corgan and the lead singer of Coheed.

what are opinions,verdicts, thoughts
"I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• in my top 10 albums of 2006. love 'em.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    nice little album!

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I'm still getting into their sound. Even though I despise Billy Cogan's voice with a passion, I'm liking "Carnavas".

Especially the longer album version of Lazy Eye.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    dharma69 wrote:
    I'm still getting into their sound. Even though I despise Billy Cogan's voice with a passion, I'm liking "Carnavas".

Especially the longer album version of Lazy Eye.

Yeah I like it a lot...

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • I love the album, but I'm still upset with them.

I was supposed to see them open up for Wolfmother, but at the last minute they ditched our gig to play a spot on Letterman. They rescheduled by landing a spot opening for Snow Patrol, a concert that was already sold out before they annouced that the SS Pickups would be opening.

Sorry, just wanted to bitch about that. I heard they were great live.
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    allornone wrote:
    I love the album, but I'm still upset with them.

I was supposed to see them open up for Wolfmother, but at the last minute they ditched our gig to play a spot on Letterman. They rescheduled by landing a spot opening for Snow Patrol, a concert that was already sold out before they annouced that the SS Pickups would be opening.

Sorry, just wanted to bitch about that. I heard they were great live.
    sorry they bailed on the wolfmother show...sucks.

i'm pretty stoked that they are going to be opening for snow patrol...so glad i got my tickets months ago :) march is going to be an amazing month of show!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Saw them at The Plug Awards last Saturday with El-P, Stephen Malkmus, and Tokyo Police Club.
    Each band only played a few songs but I thought Silversum were good
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    they are my favorite band to come out the past 12 months! kissing families off their first album is a great song, and well thought out twinkles on the new one is great also.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"