Devotchka

WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
edited April 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else love this band? I stumbled across them while listening to local college radio awhile back and after picking up a few cds, I'm in deep.
I think it's the new wave fan in me, but I'm a sucker for his huge voice on songs like "Oceans of Lust" and "How it ends." Brilliant.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    yep they are pretty cool check out their myspace page you can download some tracks
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    yep they are pretty cool check out their myspace page you can download some tracks

Thanks for that. I always forget bands have myspace pages!
    :D
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yeah, I saw them the first day at Bonnaroo. It was very weird music at first, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. I'll definitely be checking them out soon.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    Yeah, I saw them the first day at Bonnaroo.

I saw that they were on that long list of bands and I was wondering how their sound would play in front of that crowd.

I would love to see them because I hear they are great live. I wasn't so sure, because the CDs sound amazing, but the kind of thing that might not translate just right live. Interesting. I'll have to keep a look out and hope they come back through here. :)
    I don't know how it compares to cds... but it was pretty good. I really enjoyed their tuba player or whatever, it was very different.
  • Someone told me that there are a few Devotchka songs on Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack and I just wanted to know how they worked in the movie.
    I've been dying ot see it, I just can't quite find the time.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Recycling threads is good for the environment ... Al Gore told me so ...

Anyway, kicking this thread up as I saw these guys last night here in SF ..

SO ... FREAKIN ... GOOD.

You may know them from watching little miss sunshine, they had a few songs on the soundtrack ... some samples I thought I'd share.

found this from their weekend appearance from Coachella ... The Enemy Guns (ROCKS! The riff has been in my head for 3 days now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1E4WFGwlyw

How It Ends (simply a beautiful song) ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbZM6ZSlvvY

Live version of "Such a Lovely Thing" ... if you're not shakin your rump by the end of this song ... you might be dead ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJCQh5E78o
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Their new album is quite good as well. How It Ends is such an amazing song though.