Warped 2008 - Anyone else going?

JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
edited July 2008 in Other Music
Anyone else going? We will be going to Montreal. I want to see the Street Dogs, and the Horror Pops and my daughter wants to see some others. I will probably be the oldest person there!
R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    I would only go to see Against Me!, and therefore cannot see going.

Good luck though
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • already went....loved it!!!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Went yesterday - overcast and muddy, and fun. Street Dogs played at 3, I went close to the front in front of the circle pit. There was this one guy who looked like he goes to a lot of Street Dog shows and Mike McColgan sang to him a lot, grabbed the guy's cap, put it on his head for a while, and did a crowd dive, and then got carried around for a while. They also instigated a large circle pit AROUND the sound board. If you liked the Clash you would probably like Street Dogs. They are really good. They were also nice - we went to the signing and they signed my CD and a picture for my daughters.

The fun part for me at Warped is just to wander around and listen to different bands and see who I might like. There was the cutest Japanese ska band, 6 girls, and they played really really well, and had so much energy. They were on one of the smaller stages. Called Oreskaband. Saw The Creepshow who we've seen open for Tiger Army in Ottawa. Saw Against Me!, and listened to a little of Norma Jean. I'm not into screamo, but they are good at what they do. We did not catch the Horrorpops who I wanted to see because they weren't scheduled till almost 8 and we had 2 1/2 hours to drive back.

The food sucked for vegetarians and even worse for vegans, compared to last year. I don't know if food is handled locally, or the same at every tour stop, but last year Montreal had veggie hot dogs, so we could eat, but this year it was only hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza that all had meat on it, and chips or nachos. So we spent the day eating chips and powerade. They won't allow you to bring any food in, (we watched them make people throw food away out of their backpacks as they were going in) so I think they should provide at least one vegan/vegetarian choice.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008