http://www.ilike.com/artist/Nine+Inch+Nails

go down halfway click on free mp3
R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Very good - again :)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Again, I'm not too impressed. Whilst it's pretty cool what he's been doing, it only works for me if the songs are good. The drum machine sounds pretty lame. I just hope he isn't rushing things (you wait for a NIN album since The Fragile and now you can't get enough of them :p)

Maybe it'll grow on me, who knows. Still looking forward to whatever he's announcing (new EP/album?)
  • muppet wrote:
    Again, I'm not too impressed. Whilst it's pretty cool what he's been doing, it only works for me if the songs are good. The drum machine sounds pretty lame. I just hope he isn't rushing things (you wait for a NIN album since The Fragile and now you can't get enough of them :p)

Maybe it'll grow on me, who knows. Still looking forward to whatever he's announcing (new EP/album?)

Exactly, Year Zero sucked because it sounded rushed. I would rather wait 5 years for a sweet ass album and tour than just be bombarded with sub par rushed crap. Ghosts got my hopes up but with these new (or old) cuts, I'm kind of pissed.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Exactly, Year Zero sucked because it sounded rushed. I would rather wait 5 years for a sweet ass album and tour than just be bombarded with sub par rushed crap. Ghosts got my hopes up but with these new (or old) cuts, I'm kind of pissed.

Year Zero did kinda suck, but it did have a couple good songs on it. With Teeth, on the other hand, was a great fucking record. I'd be happy with another album similar to that one
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Whilst much of Year Zero sounded rushed and lazy, these two latest sound minimal in a more deliberate way, imo. Yes, the drums sound rubbish and analogue-like in the latest song, but you can say that about 40% of electronica. I think this was deliberate. Just my 2c. These sound better-composed than most of Year Zero.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• muppetmuppet Posts: 980

I thought Year Zero was ok, but as the above poster said With Teeth was better (although that doesn't seem to be a popular album in the NIN community).
  • muppet wrote:
    I thought Year Zero was ok, but as the above poster said With Teeth was better (although that doesn't seem to be a popular album in the NIN community).

I thought With Teeth was great. :)

• TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    muppet wrote:

who gives a shit what the NIN community thinks... With Teeth ruled!! i rank that album up there as one of his best, right alongside downward, phm, fragile
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Whilst much of Year Zero sounded rushed and lazy, these two latest sound minimal in a more deliberate way, imo. Yes, the drums sound rubbish and analogue-like in the latest song, but you can say that about 40% of electronica. I think this was deliberate.

I agree that the minimal sound is deliberate. Someone said on the ETS board that they thought TR is letting us in a little more into the process as he grows/creates, by showing us tracks like this, rather than leaving us in the dark for years. I'm enjoying it. I also think it was cool the way he put it out there.

The drum track at the beginning of Echoplex sounds quite like the beginning of the Niggy Tardust track off the album of the same name and the guitar sounds almost funky to me.

Trailer and Harmless, I liked WT too.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    It's interesting to read all of these posts. I actually LOVED Year Zero, and thought it was better than With Teeth, although I still dug WT.
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    oktacoma wrote:
    It's interesting to read all of these posts. I actually LOVED Year Zero, and thought it was better than With Teeth, although I still dug WT.
    I agree. I love Year Zero, but I understand why other people don't. Don't get me wrong, I like With Teeth, but I think it was a bit...safe. Year Zero was obviously not a safe road to take as a LOT of fans don't like it. As for it sounding rushed, I disagree. I think it sounds exactly how Trent wanted it to sound.

As for these two new songs...I can't remember how either of them go. They sound like a backwards step, but that's just me.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    trent once had a record of releasing good material but taking forever to do so. i hope he doesnt try to overturn this by releasing a lot of decent material.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Yea, With Teeth transfered to live so well. All those songs are fucking amazing live. I wanna here Getting Smaller live, anyone got a link?
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i like the song.. is this what the may 5th announcement is going to be? its a few hours away pacific time anyways... or i wonder if he will surprise us and put up a new album or something... the suspense is killing me!

also, i don't understand all the hate for Year Zero. i LOVED this album. the entire concept was awesome IMO. i am still hoping for a movie or TV mini series that he hinted at. it was trent telling a great story about something other than himself and his issues. don't get me wrong, i love that stuff too, but YZ was a great switch.
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    Hmm... I will investigate... I don't like Year Zero but I loved With Teeth. I'll do the same with this album as I do with all NIN albums, reserve judgement til I can set aside time to really listen to it.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.