NIN - something cool if you're into them

JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Just go to NIN.com and see what's there. Looks like creating in progress....
(it'll only be up a while - he changes his pic every day or so, but if you miss it, they have an official youtube channel that you can see it later)
R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Underneath the video it says 'Year Zero' so I'm guessing all we're looking at is recording from... you guessed it...
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Underneath the video it says 'Year Zero' so I'm guessing all we're looking at is recording from... you guessed it...

You mean the line that has 'performance, year zero, video, merch' in a line? No, that's always been there. That guy playing is Adrian Belew who worked with Trent on The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, and has been confirmed as working on Year Zero Two (or whatever he decides to name it). The guy on the floor is I'm pretty sure, Alan Moulder. Trent is posting new pics almost ever day, but this is the first video instead of picture in a while.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Underneath the video it says 'Year Zero' so I'm guessing all we're looking at is recording from... you guessed it...
    Not so. Those are links to other parts of the website.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
    JaneNY wrote:
    That guy playing is Adrian Belew who worked with Trent on The Downward Spiral and The Fragile, and has been confirmed as working on Year Zero Two (or whatever he decides to name it). The guy on the floor is I'm pretty sure, Alan Moulder. Trent is posting new pics almost ever day, but this is the first video instead of picture in a while.

This may be the mathematician in me...but Year Zero Two = Year One. :D

I'm very excited about new material so soon. AND there's no record label to tie him down. Another internet album ALA Radiohead and Saul Williams, methinks.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• audiodave wrote:
    Not so. Those are links to other parts of the website.

I stand corrected.. twice. My bad.

Still, the Year Zero material was OK, hopefully the second part is better.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

I stand corrected.. twice. My bad.

Still, the Year Zero material was OK, hopefully the second part is better.
    I liked it, but I can see why a lot of people didn't. I'm just glad he is producing new music instead of releasing an album every six years or so.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• audiodave wrote:
    I liked it, but I can see why a lot of people didn't. I'm just glad he is producing new music instead of releasing an album every six years or so.

Might sound a bit anal, but there was ONE reason I didn't like it much - but it was reason enough to put me off as a whole. About four or five songs seem to have an extremely similar drum track running through them. Also, there are a few consecutive tracks where that drum loop is both the intro and the outro to all the songs. It just sounds monotonous. Especially coming from a guy who is very very knowledgable about dynamics and variety, normally.