The Mars Volta - Amputechture

darthdarth Posts: 139
edited June 2006 in Other Music
New Mars Volta album due in August no exact release date just the track listing and title so far. Can't wait for this one.

Amputechture Tracklisting

1. VICARIOUS ATONEMENT
2. TETRAGRAMMATON
3. VERMICIDE
4. MECCAMPUTECHTURE
5. ASILOS MAGDALENA
6. VISCERA EYES
7. DAY OF THE BAPHOMETS
8. EL CIERVO VULNERADO
9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    good to see the boys haven't lost their pomposity when it comes to naming their tunes.
    can't wait.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,077
    hopefully it is more like de-loused than frances...both good, but personally i de-loused was better and think it was/is more coherent from start to finish.

can't wait to see them open for the chili peppers this fall.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I can't even pronounce half that, but I'll probably at least check out some clips when its released. What the hell is tetragrammation?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I just hope for less ambiance then on Frances. The actual music on francis is awesome.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Cool I hope it is just as good as the first one. I can't really get into the second album, although I must say I haven't heard it for awhile.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • darthdarth Posts: 139
    JaneNY wrote:
    I can't even pronounce half that, but I'll probably at least check out some clips when its released. What the hell is tetragrammation?

Well techincally Tetragrammaton is the name of the police force of the future in the movie Equilibrium........and TMV are huge sci-fi fans so who knows if its coincidence or what.
    9/16/95; 10/14/00; 10/15/00; 10/17/00; 4/5/03; 4/6/03; 10/04/09; 11/12/12 (Ed); 11/16/13; 10/12/14
    darth wrote:
    Well techincally Tetragrammaton is the name of the police force of the future in the movie Equilibrium........and TMV are huge sci-fi fans so who knows if its coincidence or what.
    do you want to come play trivia with my team at the bar friday night?

That is some random knowledge :D

Thanks for enlightening us :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    darth wrote:

thanks for that!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Cool band although it was the most BORING show i ever went to. Everyone was talking amongst themselves and fidgiting.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Possible album cover... cannot wait for this album...

http://www.goldstandardlabs.com/catalog%20mini%20pics/GSL126_cover_temp_461.jpg
  • darth wrote:

It's also the four Hebrew letters that spell the proper name for God (YHWH for Yahweh or JHVH for Jehovah).
    I discovered the secret of life, but forgot to write it down.
  • thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    good news, thanks for the info...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    mole1985 wrote:
    Cool band although it was the most BORING show i ever went to. Everyone was talking amongst themselves and fidgiting.

I've seen them twice once as an opening band and that was not the best, but when the one i saw with them headlining i thought was one of the better concerts i've seen. I thought they were amazing.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Wow. I cannot fucking wait.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    can't wait to see them with the chili peppers in october. great news on the new album!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    Glad to see the album will be out soon. I have yet to pick up Frances but I liked De-loused enough. Interesting album cover if it's true. Kind of reminds me of the red cloth on the face of the Frances the Mute cover.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    intodeep wrote:
    I've seen them twice once as an opening band and that was not the best, but when the one i saw with them headlining i thought was one of the better concerts i've seen. I thought they were amazing.

Don't get me wrong here, they were really good, he has an amazing voice but all the songs are very similar and they all lead into one another so it became an half hour jam before there were any breaks. I've listened to the live album and it's great but..... dam me and the rest of the crowd got a little bored.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I agree.....I saw them open for (can't recall) in 2003 and found them to be basically a wall of noise with intermittent bursts of pure fucking genius!!!!! I'll see them open for the Chilis end of August, so I'm hoping for more music and less avant garde, ya know, where it sounds like all the musicians are playing to a different tune and nobody cares!!!! ???
  • ZildjianZildjian Posts: 1
    i can't wait for this album

and who said the show they went to was boring???

are you insane, these guys put on an amazing live show

Listen to L'Via L'Viaquez by The Mars Volta : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15082189
    I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
    http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/15697361
    I've seen em three times, twice as headliner and once when the oopened for SOAD. As an opener with only an hour set they we're too confined, but their headlining shows are amazing. And the two hour jam with the songs flowing together is done on purpose, the mars volta have said in interviews they want their shows to be like a movie experience in a way, they see no reason for mindless chatter on stage. I think they are unbelieveable live.
    darth wrote:
    I've seen em three times, twice as headliner and once when the oopened for SOAD. As an opener with only an hour set they we're too confined, but their headlining shows are amazing. And the two hour jam with the songs flowing together is done on purpose, the mars volta have said in interviews they want their shows to be like a movie experience in a way, they see no reason for mindless chatter on stage. I think they are unbelieveable live.

i too have seen them 3 times. the first time i was like what the fuck is this!? a couple of years later(jan 06) i saw them again and was totally ready for them. 2 days after that was my 3rd time and i thought their drummer was the best thing i had ever heard in concert. i just closed my eyes, put my head down and let it all wash over me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    i just closed my eyes, put my head down and let it all wash over me.
    /'

Well said, the Mars Volta is a musical experience unlike alot of others and some people don't get it, just an amazing band, you don't go see them to watch Cedric or Omar wink at girls or hi 5 you close to the sstage, they are charasmatic(sp?) performers themselves, but it's about the art and music, and the experience at a TMV show.
    darth wrote:
    .... you don't go see them to watch Cedric or Omar ...

oh yes i do. it's just that their skinny little arses will only amuse me for so long. and then i remember i'd rather just listen to the music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oh yes i do. it's just that their skinny little arses will only amuse me for so long. and then i remember i'd rather just listen to the music.

Haha...