not one bridge school review?????

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,468
edited October 2007 in Other Music
i know some of you people still went even though mr. vedder had to back out......

surprised i have not seen one review here.......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    i know some of you people still went even though mr. vedder had to back out......

look in other music forum ... saw a few over there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • i know some of you people still went even though mr. vedder had to back out......

Had my bag packed and ready to go. But the nite b4 my last upper wisdom tooth decided it wanted to come out. I missed my flight friday and then decided to rest the weekend. I heard it was fun and I kept thinking always next year I can go.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Here's mine, I just put it in the other forum....

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=262492
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• MMJ awesome
    Tom Waits awesome
    Neil Young awesome
    Jerry Lee + Neil totally awesome

Bridgeschool = always awesome.
    EV Bridgeschool - October 24, 2004
    San Francisco - July 15/16/18, 2006 Bridgeschool - October 21/22, 2006
    Lollapalooza - August 5,2007
    EV Berkley - April 7/8, 2008 The Who Rock Honors - July 12, 2008
    Outside Lands - August 28, 2009 Seattle - September 21/22, 2009 San Diego - October 9, 2009
  • As a wise man said about the Bridge benefit in 2003:

"You see things here you don't see anywhere else. I never leave here feeling bad."

Amen.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    weakeast Bridge I've been to...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • weakeast Bridge I've been to...
    thats a shame....

FUCK!!!!

did ya drink 100 of those 24oz. Coronas?????

heheheheheheh
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    It was pretty sweet, but I wish they would have turned the god damn speakers up. If you stood in certain spots you could barely hear the shit. Besides that it rocked!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Tom Waits totally won me over on Sunday. Halfway thru the first song I was thinking this was going to suck. Halfway thru the second song I understood why people like him. Halfway thru the third song I thought it was one of the most amazing sets I'd seen.

This was my fifth BB in a row and really one of the most consistent. All of the earlier acts were good, which isn't always the case. MMJ sounded great, very passionate, I liked John Mayer, great guitar playing, Neil played most of the set with Jerrry Lee's band which gave it a lot more energy. In his own set, Neil played "Oh Lonesome Me" from After The Gold Rush, one of my old favorites. Metallica was lame and self-absorbed but I expected it so it wasn't a disappointment.

Great show.
    Golden Gate Park 1995 San Jose 1995 Oakland 2 1997 Mountain View 2000 Mountain View 2003 Bridge School Benefit 2003 Philadelphia 2005 San Francisco 2 2006 Bridge School Benefit 2006 Golden Gate Park 2009 Wrigley Field 2013 Oakland 2013 Bridge School Benefit 2014...
  • My bridge review for Speedy.

MMJ = Good
    Tom Waits = The Cookie monster
    Neil = Great
    Jerry Lee Lewis = Old
    Metallica = Washed up

Plus it was fucking cold. I'll need a parka, gloves, long johns, and some pocket warmers next time I go.
    NERDS!
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Tom Waits totally won me over on Sunday. Halfway thru the first song I was thinking this was going to suck. Halfway thru the second song I understood why people like him. Halfway thru the third song I thought it was one of the most amazing sets I'd seen.

This was my fifth BB in a row and really one of the most consistent. All of the earlier acts were good, which isn't always the case. MMJ sounded great, very passionate, I liked John Mayer, great guitar playing, Neil played most of the set with Jerrry Lee's band which gave it a lot more energy. In his own set, Neil played "Oh Lonesome Me" from After The Gold Rush, one of my old favorites. Metallica was lame and self-absorbed but I expected it so it wasn't a disappointment.

Great show.

I gotta say that Tom Waits definitely impressed me. I'm not a huge fan of his but he has some songs that I love, like "Hold On". I don't think he's for everybody, but I enjoyed his sets.

Metallica really disappointed me as a whole. I was hoping for some older stuff or even something relatively newer like "Hero of the Day". I thought their set selection was really weak, especially kicking it off with all those covers. Would have loved to hear "Fade to Black" too......just kind of a weak set in my opinion. Thank god they ended with "Nothing Else Matters", one of my favorites.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Bridge weekend RULED!!! The drive the hotel the fun. The show itself & the performers were pretty weaksauce. I walked around ALOT and only returned to lawn for Tom Waits who was GREAT! We went there to see Metallica and THAT was a good performance. Who cares what anyone else says, they did outstanding. Its not always the actual show that makes "bridge" fun, its the whole trip & everything with it. It was completely awesome but would have been sweeter hadd someone else been amongst us...... ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • How was my Regina?
  • How was my Regina?

Pink, sweaty, and hairy.

Oh wait, you said REGINA...nevermind! :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    Bridge weekend RULED!!! The drive the hotel the fun. The show itself & the performers were pretty weaksauce. I walked around ALOT and only returned to lawn for Tom Waits who was GREAT! We went there to see Metallica and THAT was a good performance. Who cares what anyone else says, they did outstanding. Its not always the actual show that makes "bridge" fun, its the whole trip & everything with it. It was completely awesome but would have been sweeter hadd someone else been amongst us...... ;)

No wonder! That lawn was sooooo ridiculously oversold this time I couldn't believe it. That takes 3/4 of the experience away right there.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • SENROCK! wrote:
    Its not always the actual show that makes "bridge" fun, its the whole trip & everything with it.

absolutely, its the whole experience that makes the bridge such a special trip.

glad you had fun, thats all that really matters :D
    Nice shirt.
  • It was a great show. Had section 103 row M on Saturday and 102 row AA on Sunday which was 3rd row. Got little hello from Mr. Trujillo on Sunday during the show.:D Saw one PJer who I camped out with in San Francisco last year who was in section 103 on Saturday. Metallica rocked Bridge School no question about that and played Rarities such as covers never heard and the first time All Within My Hands was played off St. Anger. Tom Waits can't shake his instruments well as you saw on Sunday when the whole crowd laugh. John Mayer made me go to sleep as well as the opening acts before him. Neil Young and Jerry Lee Lewis was an honor and priveilage to see 2 legends rock Bridge School. Maybe one of Jerry Lee Lewis last performances ever.
    Tour '08
    Destroying DC Scum.
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Why on the first night did Metallica feel it was necessary to play I think five covers and only 3 of their own songs...........lame.

"Were gonna cover some Metallica songs now" ..........oh really
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Oxxys wrote:
    Why on the first night did Metallica feel it was necessary to play I think five covers and only 3 of their own songs...........lame.

"Were gonna cover some Metallica songs now" ..........oh really

haha what did they play sunday night? we were HOPING to hear ONE or FADE TO BLACK or somn crazy like that.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!