Rage & STP

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited April 2008 in Other Music
So both bands have reunited and are playing shows...

This is great but I'm wondering...can we expect new material from either band?

Don't know if this topic has already been covered or not but I haven't seen anything.

So yeah, does anyone know?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hi. I'm Earth. Have we met?

I swear to god...I might as well not even post...no one ever responds to anything I say. I've been here since this board started. Jesus.
  • Haha but seriously...does anyone have a clue?
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    dont worry ol' Rhino...no one really talks to me either!

In regards to the bands having new material...may be a mixture of both?

It kinda makes me smile tho, that Zach went and done his own thing...and had to revert back to RAGE coz he sucked!! Haha!!
    And STP were awesome back in the day...dont know if they could recreate the same thing....
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • T-CaseT-Case Posts: 186
    haha its all good, ive had my threads ignored too, its great!

But Id say Rage almost has to come out with something new, so much has happened since they've left so Zach de la Rocha definitely has enough material to work with, the world could use a new RATM album

STP who knows, it seems like Scott Weiland is hell bent on destroying himself
    PJ at MSG in 2008! Mission Accomplished

The band all knows. We're too afraid to mention.
    Don't want to be part of Frank's luncheon.
    Lose weight. Be safe. Where's Mike McCready?
    My god he's been ate!
  • Hi. I'm Earth. Have we met?

I swear to god...I might as well not even post...no one ever responds to anything I say. I've been here since this board started. Jesus.

STP was a very studio type band, very creative. The last album, they did one of those, rent a house for a couple months and just write. So I hope they dont sink right out of the gate.
    Rage they have a lot to say, well at least they did a year ago and I am guessing maybee not, becasue it might have went stale allready.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • wow lissen 2 sum beter msuic. STP? more liek STD lol

LETZ RAEG AGINST THE MACHENE AND B**T OFF TO C***D P**N

[edit for unappropriate contents]
  • yellowled24yellowled24 Posts: 3,118
    wow lissen 2 sum beter msuic. STP? more liek STD lol

LETZ RAEG AGINST THE MACHENE AND B**T OFF TO C***D P**N

[edit for unappropriate contents]
    wtf???
    Now i know how Scott Weiland must feel!!! geez! im off to bed :D
    "....and was very surprised to see that he didnt actually have a recipe for anus-ankle soup." - Big Ed
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Hopefully we'll get some more STP music. I think we'll have a better idea either this Monday or after the tour.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    I'd bet on some new STP tunes, even if it's after the summer tour.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i can see STP releasing another subpar album with one or two huge singles.

RATM i can see releasing an album with many strong songs but not a hit.

in my opinion i can see a new STP album before a RATM album.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    wow for some reason the idea of new RATM had scarcely crossed my mind....now im getting pretty pumped with that idea...it would certainly be a better conclusion than Renegades

as for STP...as long as it doesnt sound like VR. all i could think about with Army of Anyone was how much better it all would have sounded with Scott's vocals....if they can keep it together, ill love to hear it
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    zach's solo is apparently finally getting a release this year & scott's got another solo in the works. but hopefully we'll see both bands get together some new material before too long
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • theroachmantheroachman Posts: 362
    Audioslave stunk IMO Zach's stuff just came out as someone pointed out. And STP? If Weland is in rehab long enouph I am sure he can come up with something.
    I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

The Tie-Dye Lady is HOT!!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ok. i know STP has a gig at holmdel NJ...i saw rage at rock the bells last summer, finally! what else is up with these 2 bands? i'd love to see BOTH again soon! particularly rage, and their OWN show. rock the bells was painful really :p....although totally worth it to see rage live. that said, where can i see em?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• the hell with that right now, i just wish they'd play some SEPARATE shows without all the other craptacular bands they are paired with at the various festivals......im not payin out the ass to see pennywise and everlast and all kinds of other shit at the boston show to see em.........
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    ok. i know STP has a gig at holmdel NJ...i saw rage at rock the bells last summer, finally! what else is up with these 2 bands? i'd love to see BOTH again soon! particularly rage, and their OWN show. rock the bells was painful really :p....although totally worth it to see rage live. that said, where can i see em?
    i was at rock the bells too. holy shit that was awesome.
  • I think it's too early to tell. There's a good chance that both will create some new stuff, I think, but typically when bands start the recording process, they make it known. I haven't heard anything from anywhere concerning new material from these bands yet. I'd say they're just seeing how the tours go first.
  • the hell with that right now, i just wish they'd play some SEPARATE shows without all the other craptacular bands they are paired with at the various festivals......im not payin out the ass to see pennywise and everlast and all kinds of other shit at the boston show to see em.........
    haha yeah, don't go to River Rave.
  • Update:

From wikipedia,

Stone Temple Pilots held a press conference and mini concert in Hollywood at Harry Houdini's estate on April 7, 2008 to announce their full US tour that will last from May until November. Dean DeLeo stated at the press conference that STP will head into the studio following the tour and record the long awaited follow up to Shangri-La Dee Da.[14] STP has also been announced to make an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on May 1.

Awesome...
  • Afaik RATM haven't shown any interest in recording new material - it looks like they're just touring as a live reunion act. Who knows if that might change - though Morello seems a lot more interested in his solo folk alter ego The Nightwatchman. Some of that stuff has been not bad. Sorry, I never thought Zack and the other two were capable of much in the way of independent creativity, although I appreciate some may disagree. ;)
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    Tom Morello recently did a radio interview out here promoting a Nightwatchmen show. They did ask him about RATM and if their will ever be any new RATM, and he kind of just gave the 'don't hold your breath' answer. He seemed to enjoy having RATM back, but only playing one-off shows every once in a while. Seems like he's much more enthused with The Nightwatchmen and expanding that right now rather than worrying about bring Rage back full time.
  • Afaik RATM haven't shown any interest in recording new material - it looks like they're just touring as a live reunion act. Who knows if that might change - though Morello seems a lot more interested in his solo folk alter ego The Nightwatchman. Some of that stuff has been not bad. Sorry, I never thought Zack and the other two were capable of much in the way of independent creativity, although I appreciate some may disagree. ;)
    I would certainly say that Morello is responsible for maybe 80% or more of RATM's output, although Tim and Brad certainly add some intricacies. I'm sure that Zack has a few sets of lyrics up his sleeve, he seemed to write enough for his as-yet-unreleased solo album. That was always the main problem with RATM; the music for each album was written in about a year and then the lyrics took another two. Thus, only 3 proper albums.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I would certainly say that Morello is responsible for maybe 80% or more of RATM's output, although Tim and Brad certainly add some intricacies. I'm sure that Zack has a few sets of lyrics up his sleeve, he seemed to write enough for his as-yet-unreleased solo album. That was always the main problem with RATM; the music for each album was written in about a year and then the lyrics took another two. Thus, only 3 proper albums.

SHARP POST
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......