*Rusted Root*

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited June 2008 in Other Music
Anyone know/listen to this band??

They are AWESOME. One of my favorite bands.

They were the first band I ever liked when I first got into music big time in about 4th or 5th grade.

5 records...Cruel Sun (92) When I Woke (94) Remember (96) Rusted Root (98) and Welcome to my Party (02).

I had all their albums when I was younger and some of them were stolen. I just now replaced them from Amazon and have the whole discography again. The music is blowing me away like it's brand new.

Their sound is sort of tribal, hippie...with focus on drums and varied instrumentation. The songs are middle-eastern influenced.

Fans of No Code and Yield or Three Fish would really like Rusted Root!

I strongly recommend them to everyone.

Here is a clip of their most famous song, Send Me On My Way...you might know it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDdokE1rAMw

It is by no means their best song, but a good song nonetheless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bgirl59bgirl59 Posts: 888
    LOVE THE RUSTED ROOT!! are they touring???
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    WOW...i had forgotten about them (sad I know)
    thanks for reminding me! this will be my next purchase:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • bgirl59 wrote:
    LOVE THE RUSTED ROOT!! are they touring???

Yes they are touring!

http://www.rustedroot.com/index.cfm?switch=tour
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I really got into those guys (and girl) back from 96-98. I have seen them 4 or 5 times in concert and they do put on a good show.
  • bump for the rusted root.
  • bump...

there's gotta be more rusted root fans around here. and if not, there should be. you folks don't know what you're missing.

i recommend the albums when i woke, remember & rusted root (self titled).
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Love Cruel Sun (the song).

When I Woke was a staple of camping trips, keg parties, BBQs and everything else we did when we were still young enough to be able to do that all the time.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Recently got into these guys because when I was younger, my mom played them a hell of a lot... it was amazing hearing all those songs on "When I Woke" again... hadn't heard that shit in like 10 years, and hearing it all, I knew every song... so good. The album "Remember" is amazing as well... Dangle is just a fantastic song, love how it starts out so different, then picks up.
    If I could, think I would give in.
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    My ex-fiance's band used to open for them all the time back in the day (and I really mean BACK IN THE DAY). I used to party with those guys. They are a fun group of people.

Their practice space was right across the street from my old job, and I'd run into them every now and then. I haven't seen them in three years or so... didn't know they were still making music. Matter of fact, they tore down the building they were using to make way for the new arena.

I remember the Pittsburgh music scene was supposed to be the next big thing... and all these local bands got signed back in the 90's. Rusted Root, The Clarks, Brownie Mary, and The Buzz Poets were the most well known but the record companies must have thought twice or something and pushed them all to the backburner. I was in the midst of all that and I felt really bad for those bands, the record companies had them all by the balls and wouldn't let them do anything. It was a real shame.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Recently got into these guys because when I was younger, my mom played them a hell of a lot... it was amazing hearing all those songs on "When I Woke" again... hadn't heard that shit in like 10 years, and hearing it all, I knew every song... so good. The album "Remember" is amazing as well... Dangle is just a fantastic song, love how it starts out so different, then picks up.

you should check out the self titled album that came out after remember. just as good as when i woke and remember.
  • Blind MelonBlind Melon Posts: 911
    Yeah, I'll definitely do that.
    If I could, think I would give in.