are you going to buy the new audioslave?

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited August 2006 in Other Music
yes i know yet another audioslave thread....i'm not sure if i will purchase this or not. i'm a big fan of cornell and i did like ratm and the first as album was very good. i'm not really sure about what i have heard so far though. i'm hoping i purchase it and i really like it, but a little put off at the thought of being burnt.
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    yes i know yet another audioslave thread....i'm not sure if i will purchase this or not. i'm a big fan of cornell and i did like ratm and the first as album was very good. i'm not really sure about what i have heard so far though. i'm hoping i purchase it and i really like it, but a little put off at the thought of being burnt.

Personally I think this new album has the most consistancy and flow out of the three, the other two sound disjointed in parts, where as this feels like it progresses nicely, I like it and I'll buy it..:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • I am going to buy it and I'm sure I will love it. The first album rocked, they slowed it down a bit on the second cause they needed to add to their library, and now they are ready to go for another solid round. Hopefully they tour soon! The show in Calgary back in October was amazing!
    9/4/05 Calgary
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    No.

After the last album i swore i would never buy another audioslave album unless i heard something from the single that REALLY impressed me. Thus far it sounds like the same old formula. to be honest i did not buy the second one it was given to me because i was bored of the first one and the second was mroe the same and now this one just sounds like more the same. They have no Edge. They don't excite me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    No.

I've seen too many mixed, unenthusiastic reviews on this board and elsewhere. The last disc was a major let-down. The first album was decent but unspectacular. If one of my friends gets it, I'll burn a copy out of curiosity but I'm not paying for it.

I kind of wish they would break up already. I still miss Rage Against the Machine.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • ChrisChris Posts: 116
    I'll buy it. I thought the first was OK (would have been better if it was a bit shorter) and quite liked the second.

Love Cornell's voice, loved Soundgarden, loved RATM. They are not a patch on any of those, but still interested enough to buy.
  • im going to buy it

but im more excited about the new mars volta coming
    saw things so much clearer
  • So far, it's better than the first two albums, in my opinion, but still not the greatest thing in the world. Not even at the half-way point to it. I'll still pick up a copy of the CD though. Or if all else fails, burn a copy.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • OhnoronOhnoron Posts: 11
    I haven't heard any of the new album yet, but will probably buy it. Saw them last year in London and they were superb - although for me the high points were the acoustic version of 'Black Hole Sun' and the Rage songs they did!

Oh well, can't see those bands anymore, and Audioslave have produced some great stuff so I reckon I'll risk it...

Debs x

"The talent is in the choices" Robert De Niro
    Wembley 28/10/1996!
    Reading 27/08/2006!
    Wembley 18/06/2007!

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."
    "sometimes the harder something is, then the more valuable it becomes"
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    proudly, YES.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    of course!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    why bother? Cornell's voice just isn't the same.
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I'm gonna buy it and then start two threads, one saying it is awesome and one condemning it so I can be on both sides of the fence.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • i'm going to buy it. loved the first two, especially out of exile. haven't heard anything but one song off of the new one, but i will buy the new one based off of the strength of the first two.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • why bother? Cornell's voice just isn't the same.

Yeah, his voice has been totally shot for a few years now, but he can still pull it off in the studio. I'll buy it but I'm not expecting much, the last one was weak, and all their stuff sounds the same. Bring on the solo album already.
  • Yeah, his voice has been totally shot for a few years now, but he can still pull it off in the studio. I'll buy it but I'm not expecting much, the last one was weak, and all their stuff sounds the same. Bring on the solo album already.

hey, i gotta tell ya. cornell can still do it live. like 100% of it. i saw AS last october and he was nothing short of amazing. i was all prepared for him to not sound that good, but he absolutely nailed every song including the SG stuff. his vocal performance was on as he it sounds in the studio. he showed complete confidence and control. i read that he quit dairy, and smoking and he(cornell) thinks it has made a huge difference. don't give up on his ability yet.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Yeah, his voice has been totally shot for a few years now, but he can still pull it off in the studio. I'll buy it but I'm not expecting much, the last one was weak, and all their stuff sounds the same. Bring on the solo album already.
    I'm glad to say that "totally shot" is hardly how his voice sounds on the current AOL Sessions. He sounds marvelous and completely able to control that voice and carry those hard notes and the soft ones.

He sounds fine on the new album, as well. Some good stuff there.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • This album is gonna be great. All of Conrells work is. Some of you people bashing on Audioslave. are the same people that listen to, Billy no Talent. His voice is fine live just like any singer you can have a bad nite but 90% of the time he sounds great. Go buy the new album i am.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I think I can say with conviction that there won't be any babies conceived to this album!!

It's a little too rough and funky (they really do get their funk on with Revelations). It really is a solid album.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • mike_s_6mike_s_6 Posts: 160
    MCG wrote:
    I'm gonna buy it and then start two threads, one saying it is awesome and one condemning it so I can be on both sides of the fence.

THAT I'll do too, haha. And another one when Chris' solo album comes out.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I already pre oredered it two weeks ago on iTunes.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    oh yes, it will be mine.
  • for sure! can't wait to pick it up tuesday :)
  • I will most certainly be buying it on Monday. Along with Silent Hill on DVD. :D
    Wow, for a thread that seems to doubt the album's selling capacity, it sure does get a lot of positive responses around here :)
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    no
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    great, i jinxed it :D
  • no. i am sick of responding to audioslave posts, and i know i dont have to, but instead of bitching, i am gonna recommend some new albums that will be so much better than anything audioslave will ever do in their soon-to-be-completed career.

Magic Potion - THE BLACK KEYS
    Riot City Blues - PRIMAL SCREAM
    Boys and Girls in America - THE HOLD STEADY
    The Information - BECK

just please get over audioslave, they are just a publicity stunt that has gone on too long.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    icarus wrote:
    i havent listened to it yet but it seems to be getting really mixed reviews. a lot of people have said its better than out of exile though. i guess its half good half crap which is what theyve always been doing.

Yeah, it's better than Out of Exile, but not nearly as good as their debut. Like you said, some of it is pretty good and some of it is pretty bad (as with all AS albums).

My favorites so far would have to be Revelations, Somedays, Wide Awake, and Moth. Now that I think about it, though, none of those songs are "must-listens." Still, I'll be getting it when it comes out, I'm sure.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Boekel ManBoekel Man Posts: 145
    Def. will be buying this. 'Wide Awake' ranks up there with my fav. songs for sure, same counts for some of the others. Great album. F**k the critics, f**k em.
    I like driving backwards in the fog, 'cause it doesn't remind of anything...