Stone Sour

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Anybody like these guys? I was pleasantly surprised to discover Corey Taylor (from Slipknot for those who don't know) can actually REALLY sing. Great melodic hard rock IMO. New album is really quite good, from quite poppish stuff like "Through Glass" to far heavier fare.
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oh i love 'through glass'. not the least reason being that my 7 year old sings it.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Another member of the board sent me some Stone Sour stuff. Didn't know them at all, didn't know that Corey Taylor had anything to do with them. Don't like Slipknot but heard a few songs when I thought "like this guy's voice!". I really like Stone Sour! Thanks Stoney for introducing them to me!
  • Their stuff is really good although the lyrics are a little simplistic. The muscianship is great and Corey really has a very good voice.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Just seen that they are playing at the Astoria in November. I might have to go. Really like Come Whatever May.
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • I think Stone Sour are worse than Nickelback. And Nickelback are the bottom of the barrel.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    I think "Through Glass" is easily one of the WORST alt-rock singles of the year (right up there with Blue October "Hate Me", Hinder "Lips Of An Angel", Audioslave "Original Fire", RHCP "Tell Me Baby", 3 Days Grace "Pain" and Nickelback "Rock Star"....OUCH)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    I think their pretty cool...:o
    The guitarist reminds me of ZZTop:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Question for all the Stone Sour naysayers... where the hell else do you get a NEW truly heavy album with a solid balance between singing and yelling these days. Stone Sour is amazing, and I am truly pissed off that they are opening for Evanescense in Canada. I would go, but I refuse to give Amy Lee any of my money.
    9/4/05 Calgary
  • travis2000 wrote:
    Question for all the Stone Sour naysayers... where the hell else do you get a NEW truly heavy album with a solid balance between singing and yelling these days. Stone Sour is amazing, and I am truly pissed off that they are opening for Evanescense in Canada. I would go, but I refuse to give Amy Lee any of my money.

exactly, there is a major lack of good melodic hard rock out there. if only the lyrics were a little better.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?