Options

great band, shitty fans.

orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Yeah I'm adding my two cents in here. the mods can lock it or delete it if they please.
Seriously, what a bunch of jerks. You've got the complaining on the message boards about ticket prices, camera policy, tour direction, etc, etc, etc ... then at the concerts, you've got drunken fucking douche bag frat boys.

quite a scene we've created for ourselves, quite a scene.
Jam out with your clam out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Another thread.....jeez - when will it end?

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Another thread.....jeez - when will it end?

never!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    then at the concerts, you've got drunken fucking douche bag frat boys.

I agree about the complaining...

But what shows have you been going to?

DMB or Pearl Jam?

Been to 57 PJ and many hundreds of others. Generally speaking PJ shows have the least drunk people of any *rock* shows I've been to!!
    sometimes life don't leave you alone
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I was in line waiting to get in St. John's and this guy's talking saying

"I don't know why they start with numbers at the end of the line? I mean I should be front row centre, but I always end up front row on the end."

Although most fans are pretty cool at the show, but I agree if you've never been to a PJ shows and you only read this forum you'd think PJ has some pretty shitty spoiled fans.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    Yeah I'm adding my two cents in here. the mods can lock it or delete it if they please.
    Seriously, what a bunch of jerks. You've got the complaining on the message boards about ticket prices, camera policy, tour direction, etc, etc, etc ... then at the concerts, you've got drunken fucking douche bag frat boys.

i agree. i'm embarrassed to admit i'm a pear jam fan most of the time..due to the fact that people might associate me with the likes of some of the people here..
  • Options
    long red wrote:

you people who start threads complaining about other's people's complaining are the biggest losers I've ever seen. get a life.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    oh yea cuz its ONLY pearl jam fans that complain or get drunk at concerts. good one man. last time i checked there are always people that get drunk at concerts, and ontop of that, everyone complains aobut everything today cuz were all spoiled fucks.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    hobbes wrote:
    i agree. i'm embarrassed to admit i'm a pear jam fan most of the time..due to the fact that people might associate me with the likes of some of the people here..

normal people don't use message boards...so they won't associate you with the likes of some of the people here.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    long red wrote:

You realize this message board is a tiny slice of the pearl jam fan base right?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    You realize this message board is a tiny slice of the pearl jam fan base right?

yeah, exactly.

just like the person above you stated: NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T USE MESSAGE BOARDS.
  • Options
    long red wrote:
    then at the concerts, you've got drunken fucking douche bag frat boys.

I remember during SF night 1 '06.. there was this 2 dudes that were drunk as hell, It's like they have their own little pit and keep hitting these ladies around them.. and this is during Indifference!

I would have kick their asses.. but they're much much bigger than me. hehehe!
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah, exactly.

just like the person above you stated: NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T USE MESSAGE BOARDS.

Normalcy is for the birds ;)

Ps. Yes we may complain, yes we may get shitfaced at shows... but we also stand in long lines, travel to far places, pay hard earned money, and love every minute of it, all for pearl jam...
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Who cares if we are shitty fans, Pearl Jam seems to sell out every Canadian City, so they are happy.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    this is during Indifference!

I quote]

That is blasphemy!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    I kinda agree, but with T minus 43 minutes until my LAST shot at EV solo tickets, I am already dreading defeat. It's not the band's fault, it's THOSE GODDAM TICKET AGENTS who seem to have NO problems getting tickets!!! Just pure frustration on my part.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    suppafreak wrote:
    Been to 57 PJ and many hundreds of others. Generally speaking PJ shows have the least drunk people of any *rock* shows I've been to!!
    clearly you didn't go to camden. :cool:

but i will say pearl jam fans are the best...as far as looking out for each other with favors and i've met so many great people at concerts. you'd really never know how great they are by coming to this board this week, though... this place is awful at ticket time!
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    this is during Indifference!

That is blasphemy!

sorry to say, but it is true!

one of them fell on the floor.. and people around them tried to help him..
    well let's just say he didn't want to get help.
    "I had a false belief
    I thought I came here to stay
    We're all just visiting
    All just breaking like waves.."

07/09/06
    07/10/06
    07/15/06
  • Options
    j3trowkill wrote:
    I remember during SF night 1 '06.. there was this 2 dudes that were drunk as hell, It's like they have their own little pit and keep hitting these ladies around them.. and this is during Indifference!

I would have kick their asses.. but they're much much bigger than me. hehehe!

Huh ... I had my biggest PJ problem with two big-ass drunk dudes at SF night 3. The front had finally calmed down a bit, everyone was kind of cool and chilling where they were at ... and here come these two knuckleheads barging up to the front. ugh.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    long red wrote:

Drunkin Frat boys rock. Hopefully they will scare away the dead heads.

I don't care what it is.. find your reason to get pissed at PJ and let your membership go.

Audio
    Bootlegs
    cameras
    ticket prices
    frat boys
    hippys
    ticketmaster
    selling out
    making a video
    not making a video
    Charging your credit card 1 gazzilion $ for no seats.

just pick one or any other and peace out bra. In fact... i hope they raise ticket prices to $500 a ticket and mass produce a gazzilion posters from now on. I only go to a couple shows a tour anyway. Then peeps wont be able to afford to go to 20 shows a year and fund it with their poster whoring. they charge 500 a ticket and you wont see "the same folks front row everynight" anymore. Then we will all get better seats. So please everyone please get really pissed and quit the 10C. I hope they fuck up a lot of poster sales coming up to. All these mad people make me really optimistic about getting better seats. I hope Eddie endorces McCain. We need to clean house around here people!!! :)
  • Options

I don't care what it is.. find your reason to get pissed at PJ and let your membership go.

Audio
    Bootlegs
    cameras
    ticket prices
    frat boys
    hippys
    ticketmaster
    selling out
    making a video
    not making a video

just pick one or any other and peace out bra. In fact... i hope they raise ticket prices to $500 a ticket and mass produce a gazzilion posters from now on. I only go to a couple shows a tour anyway. Then peeps wont be able to afford to go to 20 shows a year and fund it with their poster whoring. they charge 500 a ticket and you wont see "the same folks front row everynight" anymore. Then we will all get better seats. So please everyone please get really pissed and quit the 10C. I hope they fuck up a lot of poster sales coming up to. All these mad people make me really optimistic about getting better seats. I hope Eddie endorces McCain. We need to clean house around here people!!! :)

I think I might jump ship because PJ now attracts fans who use the phrase "peace out bra." :)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I think I might jump ship because PJ now attracts fans who use the phrase "peace out bra." :)

Nice!! What ever it takes to get rid of ya bra! lol
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327

Audio
    Bootlegs
    cameras
    ticket prices
    frat boys
    hippys
    ticketmaster
    selling out
    making a video
    not making a video

will you marry me?
  • Options
    will you marry me?

If your 10C number is lower than me.... yes. I will!
  • Options
    long red wrote:

I think less than .5% of there fans come on this site, sort of like only about .5% of muslims are fanatics, fanaticism doesn't work well in either case.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf