Help Surprise do some music shopping

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited July 2006 in Other Music
Okay I'm thinking of heading down to the music down later in the week to buy one album to add to the collection. I'm thinking of buying one of these albums (maybe 2 if they are fairly cheap).

Muse-Black Holes and Revelations
Opeth-would like to try to get into them so if anyone can suggest a good place to start.
Sigur Ros- () or Takk

Where should surprise spend his hard-earned?
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• err... methinks u should pick up rise against's THE SUFFERER AND THE WITNESS!! :D

some things never change eh? ;)

hi mike!

**waves**

:)
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    you really should own the butterfly effect's imago :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • err... methinks u should pick up rise against's THE SUFFERER AND THE WITNESS!! :D

some things never change eh? ;)

hi mike!

**waves**

:)

only if you buy alter bridge's album! :p;)

the butterfly effect hey catefrances? like their stuff actually but haven't bought anything.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Sigur Ros- ()

That's where! This album is just :eek:

If you get it and don't like it at all or it doesn't have any sort of effect on ya, I will never ever recommend another album to anyone ever again :o
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • That's where! This album is just :eek:

If you get it and don't like it at all or it doesn't have any sort of effect on ya, I will never ever recommend another album to anyone ever again :o

if i think it sucks will you give me a refund? ;)
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    if i think it sucks will you give me a refund? ;)
    Lol, no! but if it sucks give me your address and i'll send you some other stuff! You're bound to like something :D

Even Dunk admitted I was right about something :eek: when it came to sigur ros, lol. They're not something you can really listen to normally - I think you have to be on your own the first time for it to really really hit you.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Lol, no! but if it sucks give me your address and i'll send you some other stuff! You're bound to like something :D

Even Dunk admitted I was right about something :eek: when it came to sigur ros, lol. They're not something you can really listen to normally - I think you have to be on your own the first time for it to really really hit you.

but if i give you my addy you might be a crazy stalker....:eek:
    i've being planning on picking up some sigur ros for ages...just haven't got around to it.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
    but if i give you my addy you might be a crazy stalker....:eek:
    i've being planning on picking up some sigur ros for ages...just haven't got around to it.
    Not that crazy to go all the way to Oz :eek: Lol, it's ok you don't have to but I've sent stuff to several people here and I'm sure they'll ALL say I haven't stalked them :D or else... lol.

Go for it! Honestly you won't be disappointed. I picked it up kinda out of curiosity and was just blown away. Then I was at a weekend festival the weekend before last and they were actually on a par with The Who (who played the same festival) :eek: . I had chills the whole way through their concert.

I picked up Takk at the weekend though and haven't really been blown away quite so much but probably cos I heard the other one first.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Okay I'm thinking of heading down to the music down later in the week to buy one album to add to the collection. I'm thinking of buying one of these albums (maybe 2 if they are fairly cheap).

Muse-Black Holes and Revelations
    Opeth-would like to try to get into them so if anyone can suggest a good place to start.
    Sigur Ros- () or Takk

Where should surprise spend his hard-earned?

you have some very varied music to choose from. my opinion on the three:

Muse-
    I don't like the album. I've only listend to it a few times but it is not growing on me. the beats on it are kind of like dance beats at times and i just can't get over that. It makes it almost cheezy to me. I loved orgin of symytry and Absolution. For some reason this album is not doing it for me. I'm seeing them live in a couple months i hope that after seeing it live it will come to life for me i would not suggest this album.

Opeth-
    Blackwater Park is the way to go in my opinion. you have to like this kind of music though. It is nothing like pearl jam which i assume you know. THe vocals on the heavy songs are quite gruff. If you want something like that Blackwater Park is an amazing album espcially the title cut from the album.

Sigur Ros-
    I think if you are going to get one of the two albums you mentioned i woudl get ( ) I don't listen to my Sigur Ros albums too oftern but they are beutiful music. I listen to it while falling asleep often. that is not neccesarily a bad thing. It is mellow. I hate that i have no idea what the lyrics are though.

I would get eitehr Blackwater Park or () They are oppisites kinds of music so just depends on what you are in the mood for, but for thri particular music they are both great.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    you have some very varied music to choose from. my opinion on the three:

Muse-
    I don't like the album. I've only listend to it a few times but it is not growing on me. the beats on it are kind of like dance beats at times and i just can't get over that. It makes it almost cheezy to me. I loved orgin of symytry and Absolution. For some reason this album is not doing it for me. I'm seeing them live in a couple months i hope that after seeing it live it will come to life for me i would not suggest this album.

Opeth-
    Blackwater Park is the way to go in my opinion. you have to like this kind of music though. It is nothing like pearl jam which i assume you know. THe vocals on the heavy songs are quite gruff. If you want something like that Blackwater Park is an amazing album espcially the title cut from the album.

Sigur Ros-
    I think if you are going to get one of the two albums you mentioned i woudl get ( ) I don't listen to my Sigur Ros albums too oftern but they are beutiful music. I listen to it while falling asleep often. that is not neccesarily a bad thing. It is mellow. I hate that i have no idea what the lyrics are though.

I would get eitehr Blackwater Park or () They are oppisites kinds of music so just depends on what you are in the mood for, but for thri particular music they are both great.

thanks for the advice....:)

i like metal but its all yelling and screaming i get really put off. there has to be some melody there otherwise its for me.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the butterfly effect hey catefrances? like their stuff actually but haven't bought anything.

oh yeah! i hate to go all molly meldrum on you, but you really need to do yourself a favour and get effected. 'imago' is such a beautiful progression from 'begins here'. it is my album of the year.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    intodeep wrote:

Sigur Ros-
    Yeh me too - that bothers me a bit, lol. Although I'm sure they actually really DO mean something... or what's the point? LOL
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    thanks for the advice....:)

i like metal but its all yelling and screaming i get really put off. there has to be some melody there otherwise its for me.

It is odd their singer at times sings great melodies that you can understand and then he explodes in a fury of "barking". Pretty cool that he can do both extremes.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Have you been shopping yet?

What did you get?

Reviews?

dont leave us hanging ASL :)