Mark Tremonti rips into Scott Stapp

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I thought some of the first quote was rather amusing; (from Total Guitar interview that took place in June 06 that has yet to be published)

"Scott Stapp says he wrote all the Creed songs. Listen to his solo record then listen to ours and you'll see the truth. He doesn't know how to play any instrument. Period."

"It definately shows a step up in dynamics from the last record where I had written just about all the music before Myles joined the band. It's alot heavier, a lot moodier... a reflection of whats happened in the last year or so... Nowadays so many bands are using ProTools so no matter how good or bad a band is they sound pristine, so we want to record this one analogue."
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    I thought some of the first quote was rather amusing; (from Total Guitar interview that took place in June 06 that has yet to be published)

"Scott Stapp says he wrote all the Creed songs. Listen to his solo record then listen to ours and you'll see the truth. He doesn't know how to play any instrument. Period."

"It definately shows a step up in dynamics from the last record where I had written just about all the music before Myles joined the band. It's alot heavier, a lot moodier... a reflection of whats happened in the last year or so... Nowadays so many bands are using ProTools so no matter how good or bad a band is they sound pristine, so we want to record this one analogue."

did he say analog wrong too?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    did he say analog wrong too?
    American English is different. You guys don't like to use U's.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Thanks for the interview. The solo album from Strapp sounds very similar to Creed. It`s not just the voice (obviously), the music is very similar, the guitar solos too. I have a show from this guy (6-11-2006) and there he plays Creed songs too. Anyway this guy is talking a lot of bullshit,...he didn`t play an instrument, he is not a songwritter, he`s crazy, he`s dreaming,....this guy have to comeback to the church and pray for all his lies.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • I thought some of the first quote was rather amusing; (from Total Guitar interview that took place in June 06 that has yet to be published)

Hahah...OOOOooooOOOo analog!! Who's a big boy? WHO'S MY BIG BOYEEEE???

I love the Creed story. There hasn't been a more entertaining break-up of such an overrated band since Oasis.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Saturnal wrote:
    Hahah...OOOOooooOOOo analog!! Who's a big boy? WHO'S MY BIG BOYEEEE???

I love the Creed story. There hasn't been a more entertaining break-up of such an overrated band since Oasis.

you cant compare them to oasis. they've only broken up once ;)
  • you cant compare them to oasis. they've only broken up once ;)

lol true...and I should say that I do actually like Oasis. I never thought they were the greatest thing ever like many did back in the day...but there's definitely more talent there than in Creed.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Saturnal wrote:
    lol true...and I should say that I do actually like Oasis. I never thought they were the greatest thing ever like many did back in the day...but there's definitely more talent there than in Creed.

i like oasis too. the constant breaking up and reuiniting was funny. esp all the shit-talking that went with it. but ill agree anyone who says they're legendary is over-rating them. they're great at what they do, maybe the best, but what they do isn't really anything special.
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    what do you prefer Alter Bridge or Stapp solo`s album????
    Or Creed???.......
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Creed was pretty good, but became a little too cheesy in the end

Alter-Bridge sounds generic and un-special to me

Stapp's solo album does sound a lot like Creed without the obvious guitar work

I think the guy can sing, but whatever.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    Neruda25 wrote:
    Or Creed???.......

This is like one of those questions: Who would you rather sleep with - Rosie O'Donnell OR Roseanne Barr OR the mom from "Throw Mama From The Train"/"Goonies"
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,232
    Todd76 wrote:
    This is like one of those questions: Who would you rather sleep with - Rosie O'Donnell OR Roseanne Barr OR the mom from "Throw Mama From The Train"/"Goonies"
    oh man i think i will head to the bathroom to throw up thanks......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Oasis never broke up per se, more Noel getting sick of Liam one too many times. I think Alter Bridge>Creed>Scott Stapp. No-one can deny Tremonti is an awesome guitarist and that Kennedy has a set of pipes to rival just about anyone.

PS: Regarding Oasis they are probably not the best band in the world, but few can write songs like Noel can.....a bit of a genius in that respect.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • "Scott Stapp says he wrote all the Creed songs. Listen to his solo record then listen to ours and you'll see the truth. He doesn't know how to play any instrument. Period."

this sounds exactly like my former lead singer. there is NOTHING more annoying than a singer who doesn't know anything about music.
  • Oasis never broke up per se, more Noel getting sick of Liam one too many times. I think Alter Bridge>Creed>Scott Stapp. No-one can deny Tremonti is an awesome guitarist and that Kennedy has a set of pipes to rival just about anyone.

PS: Regarding Oasis they are probably not the best band in the world, but few can write songs like Noel can.....a bit of a genius in that respect.

aren't you the guy who likes creed?
  • Neruda25 wrote:
    Or Creed???.......

I can't believe anyone would have to even think about that for a second - at least Alter Bridge have broadened their sound, there are plenty of fairly heavy songs on their album, and not only is Myles Kennedy a better singer than Stapp, he's better than about 95% of rock singers out there.
  • Neruda25 wrote:
    I have a show from this guy (6-11-2006)

why?
  • I can't believe anyone would have to even think about that for a second - at least Alter Bridge have broadened their sound, there are plenty of fairly heavy songs on their album, and not only is Myles Kennedy a better singer than Stapp, he's better than about 95% of rock singers out there.

bingo.....there are VERY few who can sing at his level.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Can't we just agree that all three suck ass?