best band merger?

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited September 2006 in Other Music
i would have called asked what the best supergroup is but not all of these bands are really "supergroups". there seem to be a stack of bands around atm who have being around the music scene for quite a while. its hard for me to pick the best one although i feel the two that get the headlines (audioslave and velvet revolver) are not producing the best music of the bunch really. i just noticed...we can't do polls here? well just list the band/s fitting that category that you feel are making the best music. below is a list of some of the bands at least.....

audioslave
velvet revolver
army of anyone
alter bridge
dark new day
the panic channel
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Velvet Revolver, I think they are amazing, I just love Scott he is such a fantastic front man.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • A Perfect Circle counts, right? Or are we just talking about bands that disbanded and merged?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mike_s_6 wrote:
    A Perfect Circle counts, right? Or are we just talking about bands that disbanded and merged?
    oh yes i'd count APC.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • If APC counts then that must mean Brad, Three Fish and Mad Season counts as well in which case the correct answer for me is Three Fish.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Temple of the Dog, Alice Mudgarden...
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Velvet Revolver and Audioslave at the moment

back in the day-Temple of the Dog, Cream, Mad Season
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • okay to clarify i'm not after "sidegroups" such as APC or TOTD...bands that disband and then come back with people from other bands is what i'm after.
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • okay to clarify i'm not after "sidegroups" such as APC or TOTD...bands that disband and then come back with people from other bands is what i'm after.

Well that throws a spanner in the works:) I'm gonna say Pearl Jam since they formed from the ashes of MLB and Bad Radio.:D
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Three fish and APC...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Well that throws a spanner in the works:) I'm gonna say Pearl Jam since they formed from the ashes of MLB and Bad Radio.:D

LOL although pearl jam have being around for over a decade. i really enjoy dark new day's album and also alter bridge's. i like the one song i've heard from army of anyone. i thought audioslave's first album was good but the last two are just okay. love "wide awake" though....
    The wind is blowing cold

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • LOL although pearl jam have being around for over a decade. i really enjoy dark new day's album and also alter bridge's. i like the one song i've heard from army of anyone. i thought audioslave's first album was good but the last two are just okay. love "wide awake" though....

Lol Out the bands you listed I've only heard Audioslave and VR and I prefer Audioslave.
  • no other "supergroups" even touch Cream.

Cream by a mile.

(i dont count temple of the dog)
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Blind Faith (only lasted one record.........:(..)
    Asia......members of Yes, The Buggles, and King Crimson (& Uriah Heep)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • If we're only counting band members from previous well-known bands merging, then I don't count Cream. If you say Cream, you might as well say any band who had members who formed from previous bands.

Using this rule, I can't really think of one that I like. I think Velvet Revolver and Audioslave are terrible, and Temple of the Dog was never really a band (just a temporary project). I also wouldn't count APC, because it was mostly Billy Howerdel's vision, and he wasn't well-known before as far as I know.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Wouldnt PJ fit in this catergory as well. I mean, they did get Matt Cameron after Soungarden broke up ...ok, that maybe stretching it.

I really like Gnarles Barkley, does that count?? I think so.
    Superjoint Ritual was pretty good too...