The Ramones

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Recommend me some albums.. I recently bought their greatest hits and I'm really liking them. How many albums do they have? What are their names and years???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    the clash and sex pistols gained more comercial sucess, but my favorite punk band of all time is the Ramones...

years active: 1976 to 1996 ´´never broke up´´

cd´s released:
    ramones´76, leave home´77, rocket to russia´77, road to ruin ´78, end of century´80, pleasant dreams´81, subterranean jungle´83, too tough to die´84, animal boy´86, halfway to sanity´87, brain drain´89, mondo bizarro´92, acid eaters´93, adios amigos´95..........

when i have those questions about any band i just go to: amazon.com or wikipedia.com ...and there appears everything about the band i´m searching...

• tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    Colvin was the first to use the name Ramone, calling himself Dee Dee Ramone. He was inspired by the fact that Paul McCartney used the pseudonym Paul Ramone—although some accounts say Paul Ramon— when he checked into hotels...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    get any of there live cds.i love the ramones.great band,much love and respect for these guys
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Hows the album Brain Drain??? I'm really liking the song Pet Sematary.. It also has Miracles which I enjoy..
  • Recommend me some albums.. I recently bought their greatest hits and I'm really liking them. How many albums do they have? What are their names and years???

76 "ramones"
    77 "leave home"
    78 "it's alive" (live album. duh!)
    78 "road to ruin"
    79 Rock n Roll High School (sndtrck. 2 ramones songs, 1 on end of century)
    80 "end of the century"
    81 "pleasant dreams"
    83 "subterranean jungle"
    84 "too tough to die"
    86 "animal boy"
    87 "halfway to insanity"
    89 "brain drain"
    91 "loco live" (take a guess)
    92 "mondo bizarro"
    93 "acid eaters" (awesome 60's psych rock covers)
    95 "adios amigos!" (almost gone)
    97 "we're outta here" (hits, hits hits)
    02 joey ramone "don't worry about me" (maria bartiromo!)

i don't know if i'm in the majority with my pics for "best",
    but my favorite three are "Ramones", "road to ruin", and "end of the century" (joey gets to work with one of his production idols, phil spectre! -- but it doesn't turn out as anyone hoped ... though it does have some great songs on it!)

that's my take.
    :D

ramones kick ass ...
    they were never that strong at putting out solid albums on the whole like our boys ... but like the beatles their collective work on the whole really adds up!

i'm wearing my 80's acid washed black red & bleached ramones shirt for casual friday! :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?