Sparta..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Why did it take me until last week to find out about these guys. I've had a damn '03 PJ poster with their name on it for 3 years now. Sparta is amazing!!! I've always been a fan of U2, and these guys are the answer to my craving.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Check out At The Drive In.
    That was Jim Ward's former band
    The other band that came from the ashes is The Mars Volta
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Saw them open for PJ in Atlanta few years back. It was the first time in my life that music physically affected me. The bass drum was so loud, my eyeballs were actually bounncing in he sockets. They started to tear up! They were pretty cool, but i didnt know much ogf their music beforehand. Loud, loud, loud though.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Going to see them March 16th. I like ATDI so when these guys and The Mars Volta came out I got in to them as well. Gotta say I prefer TMV but Sparta kicks ass as well. They sounded good opening for PJ in 03.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Why did it take me until last week to find out about these guys. I've had a damn '03 PJ poster with their name on it for 3 years now. Sparta is amazing!!! I've always been a fan of U2, and these guys are the answer to my craving.

I wouldn't call the amazing...I really enjoyed Wiretap Scars, but Porcelain, and beyond that I just can't get into. At the Drive in were fantastic though.
    "The whole world will be different soon"
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Why did it take me until last week to find out about these guys. I've had a damn '03 PJ poster with their name on it for 3 years now. Sparta is amazing!!! I've always been a fan of U2, and these guys are the answer to my craving.

I don't see the similarity between Sparta and U2.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    One of the GREATEST rock bands to come out of Texas (besides At the Drive-In) :D

Saw these guys almost a year after ATDI broke-up and they just released their EP Austere. They opened up for Weezer and Dashboard Confessional back in 2002. I love it how Jim just took mic duties, i mean, he sang back-up on a lot of ATDI songs, but you can tell in the first album he was finding his voice. I have yet to get their current album THREES, but they did impressed me at their lives shows. :) So far, I have seen them 3 times...of course the Weezer show in 2002, Coachella 2004 (right b/f the Pixies took the stage), and when they opened up for Incubus in 2004. I know the guys in Sparta really appreciate their fanbase and also are very loyal to college radio. :D

Glasshouse Tarot is one of my favorite songs from them. I hope I get to see them live soon.

LikeAnOcean, thanks for starting a Sparta thread :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Why did it take me until last week to find out about these guys. I've had a damn '03 PJ poster with their name on it for 3 years now. Sparta is amazing!!! I've always been a fan of U2, and these guys are the answer to my craving.

Yay!!! Jim!!!! they have been one of my favorite bands since i seen them open for PJ back in April 0f 03, theyre great!!

you should go out and buy up their three albums

Wiretap Scars
    Porceilan
    Threes

They have such a greta sound, and i love jim wards voice

you should also check out At the Drive In too, the band that broke into Sparta and the Mars volta
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982