Michael Jackson

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited February 2007 in Other Music
What a great talent and voice. It's too bad this guys life had to go down the drain for whatever reasons you'd like to believe or not. He had a fucked up childhood.. First record I ever bought was the Thriller single on vinyl when I was 4. Years after that I was embarassed to like him, but have recently been turned back to his music. Good stuff. Where did he go wrong? Why no more records?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I had Off The Wall before Thriller....and then got Thriller when it came out. Fucking incredible and ground breaking stuff that Jacko was in his musical prime.

Too bad he ended up a total and complete freak.
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    i think christina aguilera completly ripped off his vocal style for that 'aint no other man' song

but yeah shit, who didnt have thriller on vinyl? i think i got it as a gift from my godparents for xmas at age 11 or something lol
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Lost_Clay wrote:
    i think christina aguilera completly ripped off his vocal style for that 'aint no other man' song

but yeah shit, who didnt have thriller on vinyl? i think i got it as a gift from my godparents for xmas at age 11 or something lol

while I didn't have it on vinyl I totally had it on cassette
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • I hated MJ during the 80's and I enjoy anything Thriller and earlier now. I just remember battling my sister on family road trips. I wanted to listed to Run DMC and Motley Crue while my Sis wanted to listen to Thriller. I couldn't deal with it :)
    NERDS!
  • suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    ...is a pedophile.
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    suns rival wrote:
    ...is a pedophile.
    Don't tell me you let your kids stay with him for a week so you could find a way to suck money out of him too. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness he's too weird and messed up to be a pedofile. Pedofiles are usually average Joes, priests, boyscout leaders, little league coaches.
  • I don't care what he is. Dirty Diana kicks ass.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    He made some of the most brilliant, influencial musical I have ever heard

Still, I'd like to beat his ass for being a skin bleaching, kid touching, fruit
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • and then he lured children to his amusement park :(
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • One of the greatest (if not THE greatest) solo musicians of all time. Bad is my personal fav album from Jacko. He's still on my top 5 bands/musicians that I want to see live. I wonder when his next record is coming.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• i wore out my cassette of thriller when i was a kid. best pop album of all time.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • The greatest pop star of all time who made such brillant music. Sadly he is nothing but a punchline these days.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Quincy Jones is a genius.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    i was seven when i first saw video thriller, and from that moment i started liking the guy and his music. And he does have some great songs, and he can dance.
    but a name Michael Jackson and paedophile pop into my head. and this has caused problems to his music career. i personally just can't forget the fact that there were allegations made against him.....i think it's very strange for a grown man to invite lots of little children around his house and have "parties".
    sure he is weird, but i'm sceptical as to whether his intentions were innocent, and that he feels like a child too.
    therefore i wouldn't be able to by his records, because i'll have these thoughts going through my mind.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Quincy Jones is a genius.

Damn straight.

Off the Wall is a kick-ass album.

Joe Jackson is an asshole.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    The greatest pop star of all time who made such brillant music. Sadly he is nothing but a punchline these days.

Perfectly stated.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • IMO, the greatest pop star of all time is Prince. Without Quincy Jones, where is MJ?
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    it's all political
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • googoo Posts: 226
    ah, someone finally brings up the gloved one. I grew up on Michael Jackson. like every other kid, I would spend hours in my room watching my "moonwalker" vhs trying to do the famous spin as well as his other moves. I'll always have a soft spot for the guy as an entertainer and as someone who influenced me as a kid, but I just don't know about the guy now. I always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt about all the accusations against him. apparently he's just trouble to deal with. I mean, he needs to have another record put in Guiness for someone who has had the most lawsuits filed against them within a year. as much as I'd like to see all the bad stuff go away and see him get back to being the king of pop, it just isn't going to happen. even the slightest rumors about him are skeptical now. there's no other way to put it: he's ruined. and if he deserves it, he deserves it. but if he's truly innocent of all the charges, then it's the biggest injustice ever done to a human being in the history of the world. there's always talk about him doing a new album, but he really just dabbles in music nowadays. who knows what he's thinking. I don't think he'll ever get so serious about music again that he'll really try to revive his career. in the US, it'd probably be a waste of time anyway. he's been dragged through the mud too much. we'll never know the real truth about him. but the guy was once on top of the world and that will never be forgotten, and there will never be another Michael Jackson.

OW!!!!!