The Chilli Peppers New Crap album

igotshitigotshit Posts: 23
edited February 2007 in Other Music
Why was the new album up for any grammys, the album is really shitty, compared to there other stuff its crap, and its up for album of the year, what a joke, i am glad pearl jam doesn't get involved with that stuff. Grammys are a joke, all the money wasted to put on a shitty awards show, The Police should have picked something better to get back together on. Theres my rant for the night and my thoughts on the bullshit, phoney, waste of time awards show called the grammys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Wow. I don't own the album, but heard it and kind of liked it.. do you not like things because they are popular?
  • Stadium Arcadium is a REALLY good album and it deserved the nominations. Who would you have prefered to win?

Also, you use more commas than anyone I have ever or will ever see
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    It has some good songs, but there was really no need for it to be a 2x album.
  • Stadium Arcadium is a Great Album.

I'm only mad that the song "My Humps" won an award. Is it even really a song? :D
    NERDS!
  • not4unot4u Posts: 512
    not a fan since the lullaby pop peppers, but i don't mind'em
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • I'm pissed cause Gnarls Barkley didnt win the two big ones. The Dixie Chicks? C'mon.

P.S. That Police performance rocked my fuckin balls!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    igotshit wrote:
    The Police should have picked something better to get back together on. Theres my rant for the night and my thoughts on the bullshit, phoney, waste of time awards show called the grammys.
    like what song, roxanne fucking rocked. copeland was amazing on drums and im not really a police fan
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• like what song, roxanne fucking rocked. copeland was amazing on drums and im not really a police fan

The Roots covered this at the show here last week. It was amazing. Especially when ?uestlove is singing and you think he's sting. It was unreal.
    NERDS!
  • igotshit wrote:
    Why was the new album up for any grammys, the album is really shitty, compared to there other stuff its crap, and its up for album of the year, what a joke, i am glad pearl jam doesn't get involved with that stuff. Grammys are a joke, all the money wasted to put on a shitty awards show, The Police should have picked something better to get back together on. Theres my rant for the night and my thoughts on the bullshit, phoney, waste of time awards show called the grammys.

Why wasn't it as good as their other stuff? I thought it was at least as good. You're right about the Grammy's though, just a bunch of dick sucking.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • I agree man that album does suck...it sucks hard!!
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Stadium Arcadium is a Great Album.

I'm only mad that the song "My Humps" won an award. Is it even really a song? :D

No shit - that pisses me off. Has to be the worst song Ive ever heard.
    Thought that stupid Chumbawumba crap - I get knocked out and I get up again - was bad but that humps song rips it to shreds
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • igotshit wrote:

Well someone had to do it. The Grammys have always been a joke. But im sure if PJ was closing the show youd be lovin them right now.
  • RHCP's new album is pretty good, but the year belongs to The Raconteurs (from the nominees) I hope RHCP's next album will have songs about California.

Is it me or did it seem like the Grammy's mostly gave out awards to the artisits that showed up or performed. I thought they were above that sort of thing. The show reminded me of the Blockbuster Awards or any other lame award show.
  • like what song, roxanne fucking rocked. copeland was amazing on drums and im not really a police fan
    Yeah that will be a great show. With a little rehearsal time they will be a great gig to catch. Copeland looks like he is still one of the worlds best drummers.....
  • JackisBack wrote:
    Is it me or did it seem like the Grammy's mostly gave out awards to the artisits that showed up or performed. I thought they were above that sort of thing. The show reminded me of the Blockbuster Awards or any other lame award show.
    The grammy's have always been this way. That's the easiest way to know who won an award. Just check to see who is invited to perform.
    NERDS!
  • The grammy's have always been this way. That's the easiest way to know who won an award. Just check to see who is invited to perform.

Would you agree that this practice is getting worse? I don't remember it being so obvious.
  • JackisBack wrote:
    Would you agree that this practice is getting worse? I don't remember it being so obvious.
    Probably, I haven't watched the grammy's in years. I just remember watching a band perform and then right afterwards they'd win an award. It just takes the suspense out of the whole show.
    NERDS!
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Chili's are the most ripped on band i have seen on this board since i joined... and i dunno why when there is ALOT worse music out there.

SA is a great album. I only liked some of the songs at first but the more i listened to it the more they all grew on me, and John F's work on the album is fucking awesome.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I was at the Grammys.....it amazed me how such a formerly "edgy" band turned out to be the band that played it safe with such a straight forward performance!

Its nice to see that the boys have "matured",but I long for the days when their shows were much more rocking and funkly!
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I was at the Grammys.....it amazed me how such a formerly "edgy" band turned out to be the band that played it safe with such a straight forward performance!

SO TRUE! I was expecting much more, especially since before some of the commercial breaks the announcer would say that it would be an unforgettable performance that would have everyone talking about it the next day.
  • chris01 wrote:
    Chili's are the most ripped on band i have seen on this board since i joined... and i dunno why when there is ALOT worse music out there.

SA is a great album. I only liked some of the songs at first but the more i listened to it the more they all grew on me, and John F's work on the album is fucking awesome.

It's a pretty good album, but I personally have never seen them put on a great show. Anthony's vocals seem to be the problem during live concerts.
  • JackisBack wrote:
    It's a pretty good album, but I personally have never seen them put on a great show. Anthony's vocals seem to be the problem during live concerts.
    agreed. as we saw tonight. anthony, who is starting to look like Iggy Pop, cant sing.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    I agree that he's not a good singer, but ive still seen them do good performances. Also they could do with shaking up their setlist is another critical comment.

BTW, i never saw The Grammy's so i cant comment on that performance.
  • from what i have heard of it on the radio it sounds like a typical Chili Peppers album
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    igotshit wrote:

I agree about awards shows. I haven't heard the Chilli Peppers album coz i don't like em. But awards ceremonies are a pathetic corporate wank-fest.
    I'm just waiting for the day when they announce an awards ceremony for the best awards ceremony. I really won't be surprised to see the whole thing disappear up it's own arse.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    The fact some of you care so much about the Chili's being nominated and Pearl Jam not is just shit, it's a fucking awards ceramony, all that matters to me is the music by both artists, I love them both and quite frankly could'nt give a shit about whether or not they win or are nominated for awards, as long as I have the music and it is good that is what is important.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • ive got stadium arcadium
    and i do like the chilis and even saw them live last year
    but i have never listened to the new album all the way thru i really dont like it
    its not so much that its crap just the songs dont grab u in a certain way that makes you want to listen all the way thru.
    and 2 discs?!
    its a beast to listen to any 2 disc album but S A is just boring all the songs sound the same i feel.. well from what ive managed to hear
    Does any one else feel they released a 2 disc album a little bit too close to the foo fighters in your honour?
    any who i feel stadium arcadium should just have been a 1disc album
    2 discs = 2 much
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Stadium Arcadium is a REALLY good album and it deserved the nominations. Who would you have prefered to win?

Also, you use more commas than anyone I have ever or will ever see
    lets GET REAL

SA has 2 songs out of 2 albums that are hits.

more filler than canned pumpkin pie

i have a friend who i consider my musical peer and i can never get over how much he gives the RHCP a pass.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • I guess no one cares they ripped off Mary Jane's Last Dance?
  • Pepper's are sellouts now, I don't blame them, their getting old, but I will say that performance last night made me yawn twice, boooooooring, Is it me or have the Grammys become the MTV music awards (2) I mean give me a break Dixie Chicks wins for best Album and such is nothing more than a political statement from the Grammy Voters--ANTI BUSH statement and who more personafies this in the music industry than Dixie Chicks, I guess, if this was the criteria, Pearl Jam should have swept the awards.