the clash/rude boy dvd - 8/1/06

kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
edited July 2006 in Other Music
ON DVD IN THE U.S FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
THE CLASH – RUDE BOY

“The concert episodes are furiously alive. For anyone even marginally interested in the Clash’s music.” - The New York Times

Rude Boy takes a look at the UK of 1980 through the eyes of Ray Gange, a punk music fan who leaves his dead end job by landing work as a roadie for his favorite band, the Clash. Part character study, part “rockumentary,” part concert film, Rude Boy paints a dark mood of disillusionment at a time of economic decline in Britain, intertwining concert footage with clips from political demonstrations, protests and newsreel clips. It is a telling portrait of the country’s turbulent times with its youth of the day.

At the center of it all, however, is the most stunning, furiously alive and visually superior footage of the Clash that has ever been recorded. Filmed on the road with the band over two 1978 tours, the film captures the frenetic live energy of one of rock’s most influential and exciting bands. The audio has been remastered for superior sound, and there are loads of fantastic extras including deleted scenes, two full performances deleted from the original move, 2 ultra-rare 1978 BBC performances, interviews, photo galleries and more!

This is the first time this movie has ever been available on DVD in the US! Fans have been waiting!

CLASH PERFORMANCES:

Police and Thieves
Garageland
London’s Burning
White Man In Hammersmith Palais
I’m So Bored With The U.S.A
White Riot
The Prisoner
Tommy Gun
Stay Free
Complete Control
Safe European Home
What’s My Name
No Reason
Good Times Roll (Joe Strummer)
English Civil War
I Fought The Law
lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
~it is shining it is shining~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    cool...

is it already available? i got friend who is in NYC, i might ask him to bring this baby for me down here...

kdpjam wrote:
    THE CLASH – RUDE BOY

“The concert episodes are furiously alive. For anyone even marginally interested in the Clash’s music.” - The New York Times

Rude Boy takes a look at the UK of 1980 through the eyes of Ray Gange, a punk music fan who leaves his dead end job by landing work as a roadie for his favorite band, the Clash. Part character study, part “rockumentary,” part concert film, Rude Boy paints a dark mood of disillusionment at a time of economic decline in Britain, intertwining concert footage with clips from political demonstrations, protests and newsreel clips. It is a telling portrait of the country’s turbulent times with its youth of the day.

At the center of it all, however, is the most stunning, furiously alive and visually superior footage of the Clash that has ever been recorded. Filmed on the road with the band over two 1978 tours, the film captures the frenetic live energy of one of rock’s most influential and exciting bands. The audio has been remastered for superior sound, and there are loads of fantastic extras including deleted scenes, two full performances deleted from the original move, 2 ultra-rare 1978 BBC performances, interviews, photo galleries and more!

This is the first time this movie has ever been available on DVD in the US! Fans have been waiting!

CLASH PERFORMANCES:

Police and Thieves
    Garageland
    London’s Burning
    White Riot
    The Prisoner
    Tommy Gun
    Stay Free
    Complete Control
    Safe European Home
    What’s My Name
    No Reason
    English Civil War
    I Fought The Law
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • i saw the film years ago and i as quite disturbed at how 70s Britain was. Film is very good in retrospect at capturing the mood of Britain at the time.
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    I put this DVD up there with The Who's "the Kids are alright" as a "must have" for any serious fan of the Clash...

The shots of the crowd jumping in unison during "London's Burning" at the outdoor festival is amazing...

I also love another concert shot of Joe Strummer's attempting to calm down a rowdy crowd by playing "White Riot" (!?)

Hilarious!

kdpjam wrote:
    THE CLASH – RUDE BOY

CLASH PERFORMANCES:

Police and Thieves
    Garageland
    London’s Burning
    White Riot
    The Prisoner
    Tommy Gun
    Stay Free
    Complete Control
    Safe European Home
    What’s My Name
    No Reason
    English Civil War
    I Fought The Law
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    FUCK YEAH!

Im a huge Clash fan and have never seen this movie...
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    FUCK YEAH!

Im a huge Clash fan and have never seen this movie...

It captures them at their BEST!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    There's also some great scenes of Joe and Mick laying down their vocal tracks for "Give 'em enough Rope" in the studio for two songs,
    I recall Mick's was "Stay free"..
    can't remember what song Joe's was...only "all the Young Punks!" chorus..

anyway.. they show each singing by themselves with headphones and they don"t give you the musical feed (at first) only their vocals...

Strummer sings like he's gonna have a epileptic fit...

neat how they patch the two together..

Great , Great movie..

Can't wait..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Thanks for the heads up!

A great film, really cuts through and gives a very realistic look at The Clash during that period. Some of the best music ever made.

I always laugh at the scene in which Mick Jones is yelling at Ray to "Get Off The Facking Stage!!!" Priceless.
  • i've never seen this either.
    sounds cool!
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.