modest mouse

kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
edited June 2008 in Other Music
i hope to see them in about a month! they better be good live :)
lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
~it is shining it is shining~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Awesome!

I'm seeing them with the national and Rem on june 20th less then a week after seeing pj :D

gonna be a great week.

hope you are doing well been a while!

I've seen them twice and both times they were just okay, but MM just okay is still good. I've heard sometimes you catch them on the right night and they are awesome though, i've had bad luck thus far i guess :(

Usually only a handful of older songs though .... good thing the new album kicked a lot of ass :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    intodeep wrote:
    Awesome!

I'm seeing them with the national and Rem on june 20th less then a week after seeing pj :D

gonna be a great week.

I've seen them twice and both times they were just okay, but MM just okay is still good. I've heard sometimes you catch them on the right night and they are awesome though, i've had bad luck thus far i guess :(

Usually only a handful of older songs though .... good thing the new album kicked a lot of ass :D

hey thanks for the reply. good to see ya! party on..
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • intodeep wrote:
    Awesome!

gonna be a great week.

I'm seeing them with REM and The National TOMORROW NIGHT! So stoked! Then Friday night is STP and then Saturday night is Built to Spill at an outdoor show. Killer weekend!

I'm a huge Modest Mouse fan, so seeing them live is always a treat. They've really become a much better live band from when I first saw them a few years ago. Johnny Marr addition is great and Isaac has really improved on his vocals.

The thing to remember is, it's Modest Mouse. It ain't gonna be pretty. There will be noise, poor vocals, feedback, and occasional bloodshed.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Have heard mostly bad things, I was gonna go once but the tickets were a bit overpriced.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    They're fuckin insane.

'The universe is shaped exactly like the earth, if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.'

:)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I had a great time watching these guys live, certainly not a let down.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?