~The Sword- Gods of Earth~

intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
edited April 2008 in Other Music
So i know there are a few (okay a couple) folks around here that dug the Sword's first album Age of Winters, but I picked of Gods of Earth last night and it is pretty rockin.

not breaking any new ground here. It may be a little heavier but is still that black sabbath riffage with high pitch vocals.

I've only listened to it once so i won't make many judgements yet, but i think it is safe to say if you liked the first album the second won't dissapoint if you are looking for more of the same.

Anyone else picked it up ?
Charlotte 00
Charlotte 03
Asheville 04
Atlanta 12
Greenville 16, Columbia 16
Seattle 18 
Nashville 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I loved age of winters, I'll be picking this up fo sho.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    finally! a sword thread that i did not start!

The Sword is just so magical. Literally. They sing mythical-rock.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    intodeep wrote:
    not breaking any new ground here.
    good. sometimes I want a predictable release. I will be picking this up within the next few days.
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    intodeep wrote:
    I've only listened to it once so i won't make many judgements yet, but i think it is safe to say if you liked the first album the second won't dissapoint if you are looking for more of the same.

Cool. The first album rocked despite being only a little over 40 minutes in length.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    just saw that the Sword and Down will be opening for Metallica in Europe this year. only a handfull of dates announced but ... well, that's all i know.

i saw the Sword open for Clutch in Reading,PA and for some reason was not impressed. some of my friends were but not me. maybe i was too busy getting drunk and getting psyched for Clutch!
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    just saw that the Sword and Down will be opening for Metallica in Europe this year. only a handfull of dates announced but ... well, that's all i know.

Fuckin' A! They'll be playing in Russia one week after I leave Russia for China. That is one bad-ass lineup......hope they bring that shit to the states in the fall.
    i saw the Sword open for Clutch in Reading,PA and for some reason was not impressed. some of my friends were but not me. maybe i was too busy getting drunk and getting psyched for Clutch!

I saw The Sword twice, once opening for Clutch in Texas and more recently as a headliner. They were way better opening for Clutch, IMO.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

Goddamn that line up will be awesome. That is a show worth paying a little money to see.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22