Options

Jeff Tweedy solo DVD

intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
edited June 2006 in Other Music
It looks like Jeff Tweedy (of wilco of course) will be putting out a solo DVD later this year. I think that is awesome news. I was excited about the kicking television DVD that was never released so this is awesome :)

Jeff Tweedy Preps Solo DVD
Kati Llewellyn reports:
Just over a year ago, Chicago Wilco fans spent four nights in a row watching the band perform at the Vic Theatre, ostensibly to be filmed for a future DVD release. Later, upon announcing that the footage shot at the gigs was not adequate for release, Jeff Tweedy and co. finally succeeded in trying to break our hearts, if only a little bit.

The live CD Kicking Television: Live in Chicago mended the hurt a little, but now comes news of an even better consolation prize: a Tweedy solo live DVD is coming out on Nonesuch later this year. Fugazi's Brendan Canty produced the Christoph Green-directed film (fact: the two also worked together on the Burn to Shine DVD series), which was shot on Tweedy's Northwest U.S. tour back in February.

Oh, and speaking of tours, Wilco are, as previously reported, heading out on another North American adventure later this month. In mid-August, Tweedy will play two solo shows.
Charlotte 00
Charlotte 03
Asheville 04
Atlanta 12
Greenville 16, Columbia 16
Seattle 18 
Nashville 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    offhegoes09offhegoes09 Posts: 327
    that is awesome news. I wanted to get to his gig in Denver really bad, but it just didn't work out. I'm sure the dvd will be great!
    "The whole world will be different soon"