The Sword- Age of Winters

intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
edited July 2006 in Other Music
So what is the deal with these guys. I have not heard there stuff but they have been compared to high on fire and wolfmother. If they are like high on fire i want to check them out... if they are like wolfmother... i don't.

Anyone got any opinions on the band and their debut album age of winters?
Charlotte 00
Charlotte 03
Asheville 04
Atlanta 12
Greenville 16, Columbia 16
Seattle 18 
Nashville 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    bump...
    Anyone?

thanks.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • reachdown12reachdown12 Posts: 693
    Greeeeeaat music, imo. They played and toured with Mastodon back in..2002 i believe. They have this heavy black sabbath meets slayer vibe with Zeppelin, Metallica, and Iron Maiden vibes going as well. They like having an old world feel and story within lyrics like such which i really enjoy. Definitely check them out, you shouldn't be disappointed. Just keep an open mind.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • They're a great band. I saw them open up for And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead last year in Philly and they were awesome. I've seen them twice since then at the Khyber, a tiny bar in Philly, and they put on a great show both times.

There are some live videos of them on youtube and I think you can watch their video for Winter's Wolves at http://www.kemado.com. They're definitely worth checking out.