opinion

sonicreducersonicreducer Posts: 713
edited December 2006 in Other Music
im a huge pearl jam fan, but im also a pretty big incubus fan. do any of you listen to or have an opinion about the new incubus cd? i think it rocks. song 10 is awesome. discuss,...
you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
~Ron Burgundy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :D
    took me a bit to TRULY get into it...but yea, minus a few tracks, i LOVE it! :cool: i can't wait to see em live, for the first time, in january!!! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• :D
    took me a bit to TRULY get into it...but yea, minus a few tracks, i LOVE it! :cool: i can't wait to see em live, for the first time, in january!!! :cool:

im going to see them at the TABERNACLE, in atlanta on january 23rd. i can't wait! it'll be my second show. i mean no offense to the many PJ crowds i've seen, but the incubus crowd was freakin awesome.

some of their songs, yeah, just like PJ, i have to skip over,... not a big fan of track 12.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Just got it and really haven't had much time to listen to it, but what i've heard so far sounds cool...these guys haven't put out a bad cd yet IMO...can't wait to see them when they roll around to Dallas
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    So far I'm kinda disapointed in it. I think it's just because I like a crow left of the murder so much.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • incubus is my favorite band and i really love 'Light Grenades'.

It took me a while to really love it, but damn, it was worth the wait.

this album is so much stronger than 'A Crow...' and the only song i dont enjoy so much is 'Diamonds and Coal'.

top 5 tracks on Light Grenades:
    1) A Kiss To Send Us Off
    2) Oil and Water
    3) Rogues
    4) Anna-Molly
    5) Dig
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    I listened to science when it came out and loved them then.. they continually get worse and worse
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:
    I listened to science when it came out and loved them then.. they continually get worse and worse

lolololol
    lolololol

roffle
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bharQ wrote:

some say pearl jam got worse and worse,... if you're not feeling it, don't listen. and don't post about it.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Oil and Water is so fucking amazing. Especially the end.

Damn.
    some say pearl jam got worse and worse,... if you're not feeling it, don't listen. and don't post about it.

actually i can post whatever the fuck i want numbnuts
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i'm hoping to pick this album up in the new year. right now all of my fundage is going towards presents and intoxicants.
  • bharQ wrote:

i'm with ya. not saying the last few albums are complete crap, but they're not as good as science. i just lost interest with each record.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
    i'm with ya. not saying the last few albums are complete crap, but they're not as good as science. i just lost interest with each record.

Exactly.. I almost completely agree but I really did think the newest one was complete crap. I gave it a chance and ended up just getting angry listening to it lol.
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • when i brought crowe left of murder i thought it sucked big time and didnt listen to it for months but then one day i got bored and gave it another try and now i love it, i'm hoping the same will happen with light grenades but i doubt it. its just a boring album musically, and after seeing them live for the first time last month i'm really starting to think they need to find a new direction or they are not gonna last much longer. I can see Brandon Boyd doing a solo album next coz he seems to get high off his own ego. I think he wants to cash in before his hair recedes much more, coz the painful process has clearly started.
  • Oil and Water is so fucking amazing. Especially the end.

Damn.

i love the end of that song as well. 'call it what it is' of course anna molly is really good, but i think rogue is the track that will fucking rock live,...
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • bharQ wrote:
    actually i can post whatever the fuck i want numbnuts

well, yes, you can,... but what merit is there in that? i didn't start the thread so we could take turns bashing the band. but that's fine. you have every right to make those comments and i have every right to look over them.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279

maybe change your thread title to "opinions that agree with mine"?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Echoes wrote:
    maybe change your thread title to "opinions that agree with mine"?

well, i guess id have to agree with you,...
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    maybe "post here to fellate incubus nothing bad please"
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • i love the end of that song as well. 'call it what it is' of course anna molly is really good, but i think rogue is the track that will fucking rock live,...

yeah man, rogues is awesome.

you can check it out live here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vz-IahThLOo

badass!
  • They're one of the most overrated bands around. They sound like an illicit lovechild of Vs-era Pearl Jam and Collective Soul, bought up in a commune run by Chad Kroeger and Fred Durst. Brandon Boyd is a frightful singer whos nasalised, attempted-SoCal-drawl becomes more and more unbearable.

Appaling live, that's coming from someone who has seen them twice in order to try and give them benefit of the doubt. For many, the live experience consists of fifteen year old girls waiting for Boyd to take off his shirt.

A Crow Left Of The Murder is a terrible album. Every single song sounds like a Pearl Jam cover done really badly. I can come back to this if you wish.

They may have had a degree of originality at some point, but they're only a nu-metal band with a DJ. Same as Limp-Bizkit.

I'm sure this will be passed off as bullshit, but I'm no hater. I just can't stand false music. All this thread asked for was 'opinion', and this is just that. And I do not mean to offend anybody who loves Incubus. I'm sure you have your reasons for liking them ;)
  • They're one of the most overrated bands around. They sound like an illicit lovechild of Vs-era Pearl Jam and Collective Soul, bought up in a commune run by Chad Kroeger and Fred Durst. Brandon Boyd is a frightful singer whos nasalised, attempted-SoCal-drawl becomes more and more unbearable.

Appaling live, that's coming from someone who has seen them twice in order to try and give them benefit of the doubt. For many, the live experience consists of fifteen year old girls waiting for Boyd to take off his shirt.

A Crow Left Of The Murder is a terrible album. Every single song sounds like a Pearl Jam cover done really badly. I can come back to this if you wish.

They may have had a degree of originality at some point, but they're only a nu-metal band with a DJ. Same as Limp-Bizkit.

I'm sure this will be passed off as bullshit, but I'm no hater. I just can't stand false music. All this thread asked for was 'opinion', and this is just that. And I do not mean to offend anybody who loves Incubus. I'm sure you have your reasons for liking them ;)

that was some of the most ignorant bullshit i've ever heard.

first of all, Brandon Boyd is one of the best modern vocalists and his vocalrange is incredible.

every single song sounds like a pearl jam song done badly ??? wtf is that all about. incubus sounds nothing like pearl jam, they're two completely different bands, so that's just fucking fan-boy bullshit.

and you call incubus false music ? it's okay that you dont like the band, but to call them false is fucking ignorant! how are they false?
    at the age of 17 they had already made their first album, 'Fungus Amongus', which is an album with incredible skilled basslines and great guitar-riffs for boys of that age. shit, many bands who've been around for years couldn't even make an album as good as 'Fungus'.
    Incubus have always done things their way and never followed a trend. they're as real as it gets.

and because a band has a DJ, they're automatically branded as nu-metal ?? HAHA, dumbest shit ever.

before you start to bash a band you better do some research first, because you're making yourself look like an idiot.
  • that was some of the most ignorant bullshit i've ever heard.

first of all, Brandon Boyd is one of the best modern vocalists and his vocalrange is incredible.

every single song sounds like a pearl jam song done badly ??? wtf is that all about. incubus sounds nothing like pearl jam, they're two completely different bands, so that's just fucking fan-boy bullshit.

and you call incubus false music ? it's okay that you dont like the band, but to call them false is fucking ignorant! how are they false?
    at the age of 17 they had already made their first album, 'Fungus Amongus', which is an album with incredible skilled basslines and great guitar-riffs for boys of that age. shit, many bands who've been around for years couldn't even make an album as good as 'Fungus'.
    Incubus have always done things their way and never followed a trend. they're as real as it gets.

and because a band has a DJ, they're automatically branded as nu-metal ?? HAHA, dumbest shit ever.

before you start to bash a band you better do some research first, because you're making yourself look like an idiot.
    First and foremost, Pearl Jam are a major influence on Incubus, they have publicly said this on occasion, they've also been produced by Brendan O'Brien, a man renowned for producing you-know who. And I did not say that every single song they've ever done sounds like PJ, just the songs on A Crow do.

I own Fungus. It's not bad at all for 17 year olds. That I do not dispute, I'm simply expressing my opinion like the starter asked. I also have SCIENCE, Make Yourself, Morning View and A Crow Left Of The Murder, so my opinion is hardly that of someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Nu-metal? Privelege, Wish You Were Here, Nice To Know You, Have You Ever all sound like numetal to me. Kudos for them having a DJ, but the most experimental I've heard them to be is Battlestar Scralatchtica, which was hardly progressive.

Brandon Boyd has not demonstrated a broad vocal range. I've seen them live and whilst playing Mexico he couldn't cut it. The going got tough so he took his shirt off.

I am not saying by any means that they suck horse cock, I just don't think that they are anything special. They're good in their own way, and while I have been lectured by many friends and people like your good self that they are one of the best bands around, I've bought their records, done a bit of research and seen them live twice, the experience as a whole was an utter disappointment. I'm not trying to offend you, and if I did sorry. But don't think that just because you love them so much everybody does. I happen to not like them and was trying to explain why ;)

you really have it out for them, don't you? i've seen them live, and i own every cd except the first. i agree that it's pretty gay when he takes his shirt off and has the fan blowing like steven tyler, but chad kroeger and fred durst? fuck dude,... that is blasphemy

fifteen year old girls should have nothing to do with your music experience. there was this huge drunk asshole at the pearl jam d.c. show last summer who completely got in the way and talked non-sense the whole time, but i didn't blame pearl jam and i still had a blast. and besides, megalomaniac is one of the best songs i have ever heard live. the whole crowd was like a fucking wave. do you give eddie vedder shit b/c he can't sing black or indifference like he used to? i mean, this is their sixth album. of course boyd's voice isn't what it used to be,...

give me an example so we can debate,...

blasphemy

though i strongly disagree with you, at least you gave a reason instead of just saying, "incubus sucks".

Brandon Boyd has not demonstrated a broad vocal range. I've seen them live and whilst playing Mexico he couldn't cut it. The going got tough so he took his shirt off.

did he really do that? come on dude. he's not that gay. scott stapp is (was thankfully) ten fold worse than brandon boyd. and it's just plain stupid to say he doesn't have a tremendous voice.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Boyd's voice only gets better and better with time.