Summerfest 2 weeks away

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited June 2007 in Other Music
http://summerfest.com/ :)

The past couple yrs I haven't gone down there much. This yr it could be almost every nite. If your around or in town come on down. heh
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Who are you seeing this year? I need to check out the lineup again. Not sure how much we'll make it down there.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    I haven't seen too many bands on the lineup I want to see this year...I know for sure that I'm going to Social D on the 2nd.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I bought a 2 day ticket for July 2nd-3rd. I'd like to see Social Distortion and AFI. I still need to figure out how to get myself there! Good thing is one of my travel days will be July 4th, so I don't have work that day anyway.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    JaneNY wrote:
    I bought a 2 day ticket for July 2nd-3rd. I'd like to see Social Distortion and AFI. I still need to figure out how to get myself there! Good thing is one of my travel days will be July 4th, so I don't have work that day anyway.

Hey Jane - sorry to see that about your father... :(
    I love to turn you on
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Im not too impressed with the lineup this year
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    goin to see tool on the 4th.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    Im not too impressed with the lineup this year

I agree, there's no one day that really stands out. There's usualy 1 band per day, at 10:00 PM, that I wouldn't mind seeing but beyond that I'm not sure.

We may head over on the 4th, maybe the 3rd for the night shows. I suppose I should do a weekend, so I can gear up and get in shape for Lolla.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I'm seeing Rodger Waters for sure. I have yet to check the day to day line up. I think it's a decent lineup this season. Always a good time down by the lake. :D
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    I'm seeing Rodger Waters for sure. I have yet to check the day to day line up. I think it's a decent lineup this season. Always a good time down by the lake. :D
    i was gonna pick up lawn seats to go see him again but they were all sold out.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
    pjfan020 wrote:
    i was gonna pick up lawn seats to go see him again but they were all sold out.

There's always the hand stamp the day of the show for lawn seats. I think they still do that.
    jamestr wrote:
    I agree, there's no one day that really stands out. There's usualy 1 band per day, at 10:00 PM, that I wouldn't mind seeing but beyond that I'm not sure.

We may head over on the 4th, maybe the 3rd for the night shows. I suppose I should do a weekend, so I can gear up and get in shape for Lolla.

There are no bands I am dying to see and just 5 or so that I wouldnt mind seeing but only if there is nothing else to do that night. Potential shows for me...........Lindsey Buckingham, Local H, Locksley, The New Cars, Rogers Waters (if there is free grass seats). I guess I am just kinda tired of dealing with some of the assholes that are at Summerfest every year.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

There are no bands I am dying to see and just 5 or so that I wouldnt mind seeing but only if there is nothing else to do that night. Potential shows for me...........Lindsey Buckingham, Local H, Locksley, The New Cars, Rogers Waters (if there is free grass seats). I guess I am just kinda tired of dealing with some of the assholes that are at Summerfest every year.

You mean the 16- 19 yr old crowd that comes to Summerfest? LOL

Yes bunch of assholes.
    You mean the 16- 19 yr old crowd that comes to Summerfest? LOL

Yes bunch of assholes.

I hate the teenagers, I dont really like alot of the people that work there, and almost every year I almost get in a fight because some assholes just go there looking for fights. The side stages are terrible because people will always come and get in your way after you wait there for hours and then a bunch of idiots try to save spots for like 20 people and then wanna fight when you tell them no. (as you can tell by this post, I havent had many pleasant experiences with Summerfest outside of the Marcus Amphitheater)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

I hate the teenagers, I dont really like alot of the people that work there, and almost every year I almost get in a fight because some assholes just go there looking for fights. The side stages are terrible because people will always come and get in your way after you wait there for hours and then a bunch of idiots try to save spots for like 20 people and then wanna fight when you tell them no. (as you can tell by this post, I havent had many pleasant experiences with Summerfest outside of the Marcus Amphitheater)

Oh I totally know what you mean. When they try to hold 20 spots for people um no fucking way that shit happens in front of me. And then they dont understand why not. I love the punks that think they are bad asses. One hit from me and they are out cold. LOL

I'll still be down there this year. I always end up seeing somebody I haven't seen in yrs. I hate the youth of today. They are worse then how I was at that age.
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    There's always the hand stamp the day of the show for lawn seats. I think they still do that.

I think only a couple of bands are doing that this year.
  • DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    I hate the youth of today. They are worse then how I was at that age.

You know I feel the same way! The thing that I ponder however is this: IS this REALLY the case, or am I just getting old? Lets discuss. :)

All in all, it really does seem like kids are bigger little punk assholes then back when I was a teen in the early 90's....and girls are meaner, bitchier and sluttier too.....but yeah i think your right, kids are different...not sure if its the new generation of parents, if it's just evolution, or what!
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
    DesignVHL wrote:
    You know I feel the same way! The thing that I ponder however is this: IS this REALLY the case, or am I just getting old? Lets discuss. :)

All in all, it really does seem like kids are bigger little punk assholes then back when I was a teen in the early 90's....and girls are meaner, bitchier and sluttier too.....but yeah i think your right, kids are different...not sure if its the new generation of parents, if it's just evolution, or what!

I think it's many things and it's fucking scary the youth of today. But then I tell myself I'm just getting older. LOL

Anyway I picked the shows I plan on going to at Summerfest. Work all day and then party down at the big gig. :D

Jun 28 2007 11:00P
    Violent Femmes

Jun 29 2007 10:00P
    Silversun Pickups

Jun 30 2007 10:00P
    Lindsey Buckingham

Jul 2 2007 8:00P
    Roger Waters

Jul 4 2007 10:00P
    The Black Crowes

Jul 5 2007 8:00P
    Bob Weir & RatDog

Jul 6 2007 10:00P
    Peter Frampton
    DesignVHL wrote:

It has a ton to do with the parents these days
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Summerfest starts this Thursday. :)